Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 12:52 PM

23,520 posts, read 24,000,129 times

Advertisements

Quesadillas with chicken, cheese & pico de gallo.

Breakfast quesadillas with bacon bits or ham, eggs, cheese & pico de gallo.

Non-meat burritos: refried beans, Mexican rice, cheese, pico de gallo.

Carne asada (when the weather is warm, as we like to grill the meat.)

We’ve “attempted” chicken tortilla soup, but the results were less than stellar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,663,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
When I make Fry bread, I fry the dough in vegetable oil. Get the oil good and hot, I use the recipe from Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seasoned America cook book. Perhaps not totally traditional but it makes an awfully good fry bread.
Oil for the frying, but add a tablespoon or so of bacon grease to the dough when mixing. That idea came right off the reservation.

Old 12-23-2023, 01:21 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
I've been a fan of her show for years. The childlike enjoyment of what she does and her results are delightful. My difficulty (and I own it as mine) is that most of the Mexican and Mexican fusion dishes take an inordinate amount of time to prepare properly. I'm not talking about a basic taco or bean burrito, but dishes that involve various chilis, crema and cooked mixed sauces.

If you like Mexican at home, what do you find as simple or fast dishes that aren't clones of Taco Bell?
My wife makes enchiladas- but it's pretty labor intensive. My son makes them too. My wife cans her own salsa verde and often have that cooked with smoked pork shoulder. Quick and easy dish.

I make chili Colorado in the traditional method using multiple dried pepper, rehydrated and used for the sauce and I add either goose, duck or venison meat. No beans, no tomatoes. I got the recipe from my Ducks Unlimited magazine and it's pretty good. The only thing I adjust are the dried peppers used. https://www.ducks.org/hunting/waterf...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink