Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 05:36 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times

Advertisements

I miss the cereal from 1980 called C-3PO's. They were a star wars product. Loved them. Probably my favorite cereal of all time. They were only sold for 1 year. I always wondered what happened to them.

I miss those giant glazed donuts out of the freezer section back in the early 80's. I am not sure if they have anything similar today, if they do, I know that they don't taste the same.

Does anyone but me think that honey nut cheerios taste different now than it used too?

Doritos aren't as good either.\

Anyone miss Yahoo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 11:45 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
I used to love...Crispy Critters...a breakfast cereal as a child....guess there is still some kid in me...LOL.

Old 08-04-2009, 11:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Milkshake candy bars

French's Onion Dip (dry mix)
I used to love those...I remember freezing them too. The candy bars....LOL. And Apple Kool-Aid.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,517 times
There was a dessert back in the 60's and maybe 70's called "Whip & Chill." Made by Jello as I recall and was a sort of mousse concoction. I adored the strawberry. Mom would make a box and we'd all just get a small portion. One year for my birthday I asked for an entire box of strawberry Whip & Chill instead of a cake. I ate every bite. Haven't seen it decades.

Also, there was a butter pecan cake mix that I loved. Haven't seen it around either.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 AM

809 posts, read 3,569,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
There was a dessert back in the 60's and maybe 70's called "Whip & Chill." Made by Jello as I recall and was a sort of mousse concoction. I adored the strawberry. Mom would make a box and we'd all just get a small portion. One year for my birthday I asked for an entire box of strawberry Whip & Chill instead of a cake. I ate every bite. Haven't seen it decades.

Also, there was a butter pecan cake mix that I loved. Haven't seen it around either.
You can buy Whip & Chill here if you're interested
Whip 'n Chill Dessert Mix available at The Vermont Country Store

Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 PM

15 posts, read 65,425 times
Default Sixlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTx View Post
I miss Sixlets candy. You can still buy it on-line and at specialty stores, but I guess I don't love it enough to pay shipping chargers or crazy prices for it.
I always loved that flavor. I would shoot all six into my mouth at the same time when I was a kid. It seems like they may still be around in some form, because a few make it into my boys Halloween bags every year.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

15 posts, read 65,425 times
Does anyone remember Schilling Taco Casserole mix? It was basically everything in a box except the ground beef. Mom used to whip it together during the week when she got home from work. No recipes I've tried have duplicated the flavor. Maybe it was the stale tortilla chips that gave it that special taste. It's probably been gone for 25 years, but I'd love to try it again.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I've really missed Sunshine Lemon Coolers. I just found out that they've been reintroduced by Nice Foods. Yippee!

Lemon Coolers Are Back! Well, Sorta - CHOW Pick - CHOW

Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
I read the 1st few pages, but couldn't read the whole thing.

Mine would be Jello 1-2-3

Old 08-08-2009, 05:03 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,320,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I've really missed Sunshine Lemon Coolers. I just found out that they've been reintroduced by Nice Foods. Yippee!

Lemon Coolers Are Back! Well, Sorta - CHOW Pick - CHOW
OMG I totally forgot about them. My mom always bought them. My brother and I loved them and later was able to buy them when my kids were young but then they were gone.

Another thing was when I was in High School the cafeteria sold root beer twin ice pops, don't know who made them but I was never able to find them in stores. They were soo good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink