Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I virtually never drink cola: coke, pepsi, any sort of cola anymore, because I don't think it that good tasting and if I do drink soda I prefer the fruity flavours. I was raised on the stuff, and i think i liked it more as a kid, but i've just gone off it. Anyone else?

Old 05-21-2013, 11:21 AM

708 posts, read 954,678 times
Drank Pepsi or RC until the mid-70s. Switched to to the DEW and never looked back. If I am at an event that I could not bring my own DEW, I will slug down a cola.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
I don't drink any soda anymore (except maybe a little club soda) but I got tired of brown sodas way before I got tired of the fruity ones.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM

415 posts, read 764,177 times
we don't buy any cola's or dew type pop in this house, we have 2 little ones 4 and 7, we hunt for the best 100% fruit juice we can and cut that with filtered water and we also make our own juice with our juicer... well I do drink coke once in a while if their is Rum or Jack in it , lol.....

Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Gotta have something to mix with ol'#7

Old 05-21-2013, 11:40 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wouldn't say I hate it, but I virtually never drink cola: coke, pepsi, any sort of cola anymore, because I don't think it that good tasting and if I do drink soda I prefer the fruity flavours. I was raised on the stuff, and i think i liked it more as a kid, but i've just gone off it. Anyone else?
The only soda pop I like (every now and then), is an ice cold Coke.

And I prefer my Coke in the chilled glass bottle! But...

I'd much rather have spring water, coffee, or tea of some kind.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I was really addicted to Coke for most of my life. At some point, I thought that maybe I could lose a few pounds or a few inches if I stopped drinking it; so I didn't have a Coke for 7 years. Never lost an ounce and never lost a smidgen of an inch. With a tough year at work, I treated myself to a Coke and haven't looked back. I haven't gained any weight nor added any inches. So maybe I am destined to drink Coke!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I was really addicted to Coke for most of my life. At some point, I thought that maybe I could lose a few pounds or a few inches if I stopped drinking it; so I didn't have a Coke for 7 years. Never lost an ounce and never lost a smidgen of an inch. With a tough year at work, I treated myself to a Coke and haven't looked back. I haven't gained any weight nor added any inches. So maybe I am destined to drink Coke!
don't forget all that sugar in it though.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:59 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Same here-I drank Coke from childhood through my 20's, but at some point my desire for it just fell off.

Now I have a can of Sprite or Ginger Ale less than once a month.
Instead I drink fruit juice cocktails (only 5% juice, if that) & tea, which are chock full of sugar too.

Maybe Coke changed their formula (more corn syrup, less sugar)
in the intervening years & that led me to gradually cease ?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times
I never had soda growing up unless it was at a friend's. My mom didn't allow it in the house. ONE time she did, for my little brother's birthday. My 2 brothers and I drank up 2 Liters (unbeknownst to my mom of course) and actually got "drunk" off all the sweetness..hyper, couldn't stop laughing...we acted drunk! LOL we still laugh about it to this day.

When I was about 18, 19, I got my first job in an office while attending community college. They had diet coke there. Well, thus begin an looooooong love affair with the stuff. I mean, a cold diet coke can (NEVER did regular cola, only diet) straight from the fridge with a straw? I was in HEAVEN!

Then, I went through a diet mtn dew phase but that proved to be a little too much for me (I can't drink coffee as the caffiene is too strong for me). Finally, I found Coke Zero and begun yet another long love affair.

This lasted until about 6 months ago, when I begun a diet of high protein, low carbs and cut out most sugary drinks. At first I told myself my daily coke zeros didn't matter as there was no sugar. But I realized soon that the artficial sweetners they add are just as bad. I decided one day then and there to cut them out of my daily diet. I noticed I tended to ONLY want to drink them when I ate breakfast or lunch, sorta so to "wash down the food". I knew this was as much a mental thing so I started drinking water with lunch and sometimes tea in the morning, otherwise only water. It actually was ALOT easier than I ever thought it would be to wean myself off my coke zero habit.

Recently however, I did have a coke zero - on Mother's Day actually, at my In-Laws. It just looked interesting to me so I thought one can't hurt. Well, I was SHOCKED to find out I didn't like the taste at all anymore, it actually tasted sickeningly sweet to me! I finished it but it must have taken an hour at least (nothing like the ol days when I'd gulp it down with 5-10 min), I didn't want to waste it. I haven't even thought about it since and don't see myself having any soda anytime soon.

So yes, I've gone off the taste of cola and am super happy about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.