Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times

Advertisements

If they are from the north they are not from the boroughs - I have never ever ever seen that here - I will tell you when I lived in Maryland I saw it a lot and it wasn't by Hispanics or black people. But that is neither here nor there - I could care less what color/race/creed the trash is - trash is trash and you need not deal with that in a gated community.

Com, it is just an observation but you seem to have a gripe with Hispanics - not personal I know that - but I get the feeling that if you could you would avoid contact if you could. Have you had that many bad experiences with them?

[quote=ComSense;12567282]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
Yes Com, your right. I have only been to 2 parts of Florida Orlando area and Miami area. I didn't get a southern feeling from either, I know, unfortunately. however there were definitely more people with southern accents in Orlando than in South florida.

Com, what kind of community do you live in? A gated community, it's decent, we just have a lot of renters and .......... cultural differences. Jeesh what the hell are you paying for. When I was house hunting that was a huge point the people kept bringing up - oh you are not going to see any cars on its rims here or what have you, how is it that you have and HOA and have that - for that you should just live in the projects. Run get out of that place! It's not common, but we do have a few. We also have a few that like to park in the grass. That's common in S FL too in some areas. A guy I used to work with who is Cuban and from Miami said everyone did that where he used to live - Hialeah. He said people would pave over the grass too! EEK!

Please don't tell me they were Northerner's cuz it would be hard for me to believe, not because they aren't capable but because we don't really have that here unless the cars are being stripped for parts and still it is not in front of the house, but there isn't a whole lot of room for that. Not completely sure. I'm almost positive they are from NY/NJ but they are also hispanic (and maybe that goes back to the cultural differences). They have a tarp over it now. It looks great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Really?
I mean, compared to what Chelsa is probably thinking, yes. We definitely have our renters, our ghetto folks, and all that BS, but I think Chelsa is probably thinking it's worse than it actually is. It's not like I wont go out at night in our subdivision or anything - although I dont let my wife.

Chelsa, the final straw was Halloween night. A wild party with people as young as 13 or so, up to middle aged folks all partying in one house. They were sitting on hoods of other cars that didnt belong to them, they were walking around others driveways and front yards, smoking, drinking, loitering. One of my good neighbors was threatened after they wouldnt move from out of her driveway. One car brought out a baseball bat as if to her her (my neighbor) with it. I truly felt like I was in a very different place than where we needed to be. I felt like I was i na completely different country. It was bizzare. I have neighbors (my immediate neighbors) that had decided that this isnt the place for them any longer as well. The cops were called, they did come out, about an hour or more afterwards. But by that time, they (the partygoers) had cleared out. The cursing, the yelling, the loitering, and then when it got to a point where it almost became violent, it was all I could take, and I knew before the neighborhood turned, we needed to get out. We are in the process of trying to get out now.

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 01-22-2010 at 08:05 PM..

Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM

Now we are off topic. So lets just get back to the OT.

This parody's entertaining!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM

That's too bad com - I can tell you I do find most of what you said to be unacceptable behavior. The only part I believe you and I will not see eye to eye on is the party - I think on Halloween you might let that go - it is a special occasion.

But anyway, this is off topic as you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I mean, compared to what Chelsa is probably thinking, yes. We definitely have our renters, our ghetto folks, and all that BS, but I think Chelsa is probably thinking it's worse than it actually is. It's not like I wont go out at night in our subdivision or anything - although I dont let my wife.

Chelsa, the final straw was Halloween night. A wild party with people as young as 13 or so, up to middle aged folks all partying in one house. They were sitting on hoods of other cars that didnt belong to them, they were walking around others driveways and front yards, smoking, drinking, loitering. One of my good neighbors was threatened after they wouldnt move from out of her driveway. One car brought out a baseball bat as if to her her (my neighbor) with it. I truly felt like I was in a very different place than where we needed to be. I felt like I was i na completely different country. It was bizzare. I have neighbors (my immediate neighbors) that had decided that this isnt the place for them any longer as well. The cops were called, they did come out, about an hour or more afterwards. But by that time, they (the partygoers) had cleared out. The cursing, the yelling, the loitering, and then when it got to a point where it almost became violent, it was all I could take, and I knew before the neighborhood turned, we needed to get out. We are in the process of trying to get out now.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:29 PM

No worries Com - we r on the same page!!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,575,368 times
Quote:
No worries Com - we r on the same page!!
I knew you would find such behavior despicable...any decent person...from the North or the South... would not approve of hooliganism and threats to law abiding citizens.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 PM

You know me better than that miles - these guys are idiots and it is unfortunate for com that these are his experiences - taints his view of someone like me.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
You know me better than that miles - these guys are idiots and it is unfortunate for com that these are his experiences - taints his view of someone like me.
well, no one's views should include tainting everyone by behavior of base elements...they exist across the board, across races, ethnicities, religions, and classes.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 PM

The OP did say that the thread was a parody...and it is amusing...to the extent that we understand it for what it is...a lighthearted satire. We all know that there are idiots and miscreants up North as well as down South.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
That's too bad com - I can tell you I do find most of what you said to be unacceptable behavior. The only part I believe you and I will not see eye to eye on is the party - I think on Halloween you might let that go - it is a special occasion.

But anyway, this is off topic as you mentioned.

Halloween is a special occasion, but remember some "gangsta wannabee's" brought out a bat like they were going to him my neighbor (a woman) with it. That is completely unacceptable and it doesnt matter what the occasion is. It was truly very strange and it could have gotten very out of hand, very quickly with the amount of alcohol and the mentality of these folks in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida