Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Well, this is only my opinion but consider yourself lucky to be experiencing cold like you are now. When it is cold, it is much easier to prepare for it. You can prepare for it by dressing warmly and then you can be outside for 2 hours and not sweat, especially if it is in the 30s or 20s. The only thing we've been getting here in Los Angeles the last couple weeks is dry, sunny weather in the 70s or around 80F. And only once in the last 2 weeks has it rained. It is too dry here. Dry weather leads to dry skin, dry mouth, dried out eyes and your throat gets dry too. You are lucky. Maybe we should switch places? HAHA!!
One small or make that big problem. Dressing warmly will not bring back the millions just lost in crop damage or help pay the extra utility bills for seniors on fixed incomes. The elderly are the first to suffer either the extremes of heat or cold.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post

Actually, you know what's really annoying? People who move here and complain constantly about perfectly normal seasonal weather, but then have a fit when people try to discuss an unusual weather pattern.
Standing ovation sister. Standing ovation.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:47 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
All I know is today is perfect, I am loving it outside at work today!!!! Tomorrow is going to suck, cold, damp, rainy...... Stuck inside tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:39 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
in NAPLES, SOUTHwest Florida, have them. You can buy them for about $5 at a Thrift Store. You cannot afford $5 every year? You cannot pass them down from older kids? You don't pass SHORTS down to younger siblings?

If not this, you don't know how to LAYER? Put an undershirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and a lightweight jacket on a kid? I am truly AMAZED how you object so much to cold weather, TRYING TO PROVE A POINT. The parents of these POOR kids manage it, but you TRANSPLANT parents CAN'T??????

Add ANOTHER reason why I so hate living here. Oh, it isn't just the weather, it is most of the PEOPLE here too, the exception being the natives and the immigrants. "I moved here for WARM WEATHER and I will be damned that I am GOING TO GET warm weather."
Moderator cut: Personal Attacks NOT Allowed

Nobody is trying to prove a point by not buying heavy duty winter clothes. In many cases it has NOTHING to do with being able to afford it or not afford it. We don't buy heavy winter clothes because for the past 9 years we have not needed them. Quite simply, it doesn't usually get that cold in Weston, FL (one hour directly east of Naples).

I cannot get my arms around the concept that in the world according to you my kids should get winter clothes EVERY YEAR because once every tenth year it will get cold for a week. If it gets cold for a week they can stay inside for a week. They have jeans and sweatshirts and that's all they need most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida