Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 AM

8 posts, read 56,833 times

Advertisements

I was born in Ocala and unfortunately my family moved to Coral Springs when I was 6. I am living in Indiana now (moved here 20 years ago) and am currently researching a relocation to either North Carolina or Florida. All of my family is still in Florida. All in Coral Springs and Boca. Having lived in a small town for the last 20 years I find it very hard to go back to Coral Springs, my how things have changed. I would really love to go back to Ocala as its got lots of what I am looking for. Any hints as to what would be a great area to start my search?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 PM

5 posts, read 27,259 times
Spring Hill is awesome! Great area...I also like Citrus County..but it is too far to get to Tampa..Spring HIll is the place.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 12,565 times
Default Try Mexico Beach/ Port St. Joe area

If you want to find the true FL - (I'm a native) - the Panhandle has a lot of choices. Close to the beach - you can't find a more beautiful beach than the small town of Mexico Beach - we use to go there from FSU, because it was so low key and the beach is fantastic.
If you want a place more in the south - try St. James on Pine Island, by Ft. Myers, or Hudson, FL, north of Tampa.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:41 PM

141 posts, read 754,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Girl
My husband and I are wanting to move back (we spent a year in Naples, to busy, to expensive) to Florida. We are looking for a small town, population between 12 to 20 thousand. Quaint, friendly, affordable, safe. We are in our 50's, active and will be looking for employment. Is there any such place or are we dreaming?
Someplace that meets all the requirements of what you're looking for is Wesley Chapel. It is located in southern Pasco County (above Tampa). It is however growning tremendously by the minute, and a downside is that most of the houses look the same, but some people don't mind. Usually in the sub divisions, the houses are literally like 5 feet apart

Old 02-22-2006, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 18,819 times
Default Geneva Florida

Geneva is THE place to be. Still a small town with lots of Indian history, small town folk -- they have bluegrass jams at the VFW on the weekends. And to top it off, it's about 25 miles from Orlando and about 35-45 minutes from Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach (i.e., you are safe from hurricanes). Disney is around the corner and the economy is booming. Better hurry though, people are snatching up the land and houses quickly.
We are selling land right now and here's the link:
URL removed
Our website has a lot of great Geneva links for you to check out the area online.
Good luck searching!
Candy
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by Marka; 02-22-2006 at 10:55 PM..

Old 02-26-2006, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 34,454 times
Okeechobee is a nice smaller community built on the shore of huge Lake Okeechobee. Boating, fishing and camping are in abundance there. I live in Port St. Lucie where we boat on the weekends on the St. Lucie river. I am a real estate broker in the area and I work free for buyers. Check out my website at URL removed Have a nice day.

Last edited by Marka; 02-26-2006 at 11:33 PM..

Old 02-27-2006, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 37,034 times
Jill & Sean,
I lived about 5 miles from Deep Creek for the first 18 years of my life. I'm 26 now and live in Orlando. SW Florida is pretty nice. Very quiet and mostly small towns. Port Charlotte is the main town where Deep Creek is, and it was actually voted best small town in FL a few yrs ago. I don't know how old you are or what your interests are, but I'd say it's mostly for older people. Take Peachland or Veterans up to US 41 and there are several restaurants, a Super Walmart, Target, a big mall, and many other stores, and the beaches aren't very far.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 AM

5 posts, read 6,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill & Sean
We are looking in the Port Charlotte area, Deep Creek. It appears to be a nice area-gulf side. I have gone to Florida four times this past year and would like to be near the coast. Have only been on the East, so next month will be our first trip to the west coast. Any comments on this area or surrounding I would appreciate it.
As to me it's really nice!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM

9 posts, read 121,568 times
Default tHANK YOU FROM JILL & SEAN

I wanted to thank you for your posts regarding port charlotte, deep creek areas. We are looking for a small town-have heard that port charlotte was a small town and was known for an elder population, but also that that is changing as well. More families are moving into the area. I would rather a small town right about now. Coming from New Jersey and live in what used to be a small town-and not a bad place to live. Not so true anymore, but I think it is like that all over. Any other comments about the area-schools etc. would be appreciated, and thank you again for your help!!!

Old 03-01-2006, 11:44 AM

Default What about the job market?

Considering a move to New Port Richey/Hudson/Spring Hill area. How's the job market? Is it possible to make a decent living there without commuting to Tampa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida