Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2023, 03:01 AM

7 posts, read 18,291 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Looking to move to Florida. I have 2 kids (Grade 1 and 4)
The following are important:
- good public school or somewhat affordable private school
- not more than 30 min from the beach,
-we are nature lovers so parks are imprtant too
- with easy access to kids activities (my daughter swims, my sons plays the piano)
- most importantly, we'd like to live in a safe place with educated people as our neighbors.

What is the best place for us?

Many thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 05:56 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,420,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakt View Post
Hello,
- with easy access to kids activities (my daughter swims, my sons plays the piano)
- most importantly, we'd like to live in a safe place with educated people as our neighbors.

What's your budget? Do you want a gated community? How much will you spend on an HOA? By "somewhat affordable" private school what do you mean? Numbers matter. Do you have jobs lined up already?

What do you mean by "educated people?" Educated people live in all areas, and ignorant people live in all areas. There aren't many areas that check resumes on prospective homebuyers and those that do, won't be accepting anyone who posts on city-data looking for a place to live.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:04 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,699,775 times
FL is full, no need to move here.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:18 AM

3,248 posts, read 3,202,698 times
If money is no object:

Palm Beach County—Eastern half of Boca Raton (east of Military Trail)
St. John’s County—Ponte Vedra Beach

If you’re willing to bend somewhat on being 30 minutes from the beach (more like 45 or so):

Palm Beach County—Western half of Boca Raton (west of Military Trail)
St. John’s County—Ponte Vedra
Broward County—Parkland, Weston, Coral Springs, Cooper City and Davie

Good luck!

Old 06-19-2023, 07:23 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
Research Jupiter, Fl, it's not as crime ridden as other Florida cities and it looks like it's for wealthy, conservative folks if that's what your looking for.

Old 06-19-2023, 09:54 AM

2,349 posts, read 2,299,262 times
Areas that immediately come to mind are Palm Harbor, Westchase, South Sarasota County, Lakewood Ranch, and Jupiter.

Knowing your budget would be helpful.

Old 06-19-2023, 10:23 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,154,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annakt View Post
Hello,

You posted this same question back in March. You request is way too vague for anyone to answer. And why do you want to move to Florida (as opposed to anywhere else? This is an important question, because your reason may determine far better places for you to move than Florida.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:36 AM

3,248 posts, read 3,202,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
You posted this same question back in March. You request is way too vague for anyone to answer. And why do you want to move to Florida (as opposed to anywhere else? This is an important question, because your reason may determine far better places for you to move than Florida.
Good catch Gypsychic. I saw that the OP has a budget of $500k for a small ranch. I concur with those who suggested Jupiter but I think the budget is going to be a problem. The OP just won’t be able to have a lot to choose from in that price range, unless they’re willing to give up being close to the beach. Plenty of homes in Central Florida in that price range, but beach access is at least an hour or two away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida