Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM

4 posts, read 16,840 times

Advertisements

The wealthiest zip codes in each "region" of Florida:

Southeast FL
- Palm Beach
- Miami Beach
- Boca Raton

Southwest FL
- Naples
- Sarasota
- Marco Island

Central FL (including the east coast from Martin to Bevard Counties)
- Jupiter Island
- Vero Beach
- Windemere

Northwest FL:
- Rosemary Beach
- Alys Beach
- Seaside

Northeast FL:
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Amelia Island / Fernandina Beach
- St. Augustine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2023, 12:35 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzwilliamdarcy View Post
Southwest FL
- Naples
- Sarasota
- Marco Island
Interesting, I would have thought Boca Grande and Anna Maria Island would have made the list over Marco Island.
Quote:

- Jupiter Island
- Vero Beach
- Windemere
Martin and St. Lucie counties are debatable where they belong, but I personally consider them as South Florida. Jupiter Island is basically next to Palm Beach so I really don’t think that’s Central Florida.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:53 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Interesting, I would have thought Boca Grande and Anna Maria Island would have made the list over Marco Island.

Martin and St. Lucie counties are debatable where they belong, but I personally consider them as South Florida. Jupiter Island is basically next to Palm Beach so I really don’t think that’s Central Florida.
Many underestimate Boca Grande. It's low key but VERY wealthy. More than Anna Maria or Marco Island.

Storm surge in Ian they literally just a few miles from getting swamped with surge. if Ian was just 5-10 miles north would been a different story. Wind hit them hard.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:56 PM

2,327 posts, read 2,276,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Many underestimate Boca Grande. It's low key but VERY wealthy. More than Anna Maria or Marco Island.

Storm surge in Ian they literally just a few miles from getting swamped with surge. if Ian was just 5-10 miles north would been a different story. Wind hit them hard.
Boca Grande is wealthy no doubt, but it rarely seems to show up on these lists. I think smaller communities like this where a lot of homes are second residences can get some weird stats when a lot of homeowners aren’t tax residents.

Old 01-20-2023, 06:09 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Boca Grande is wealthy no doubt, but it rarely seems to show up on these lists. I think smaller communities like this where a lot of homes are second residences can get some weird stats when a lot of homeowners aren’t tax residents.
Yea. Tucker has a house on Boca Grande for example but it's not his home residence.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:49 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
The wealthiest zip codes in each "region" of Florida:

Northwest FL:
- Rosemary Beach
- Alys Beach
[
Where the developers cut some sort of special deal to get a zip code carve out for a small luxury development because it would have hurt their pricing model to have to have a Panama City Beach Zip Code.

Old 01-20-2023, 10:37 PM

234 posts, read 387,801 times
[quote=fitzwilliamdarcy;64760856]The wealthiest zip codes in each "region" of Florida:

- Jupiter Island
- Vero Beach
- Windemere

I would say the Stuart area which includes Sewall's Point, Palm City, and Jensen Beach is wealthier than Vero Beach. The only wealthy part of Vero is the barrier island and some areas along the intracoastal on the mainland.

Old 01-21-2023, 03:23 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
How, exactly, is “wealthiest” measured for the purposes of this thread? Is it based on income as per IRS statistics per zip code? Total real estate valuations as per Zillow or some such?

As a matter of casual observation, I notice that, in Dade County, the eastern parts of Coconut Grove are the ritziest or lushest (no technical definition), and a noticeable proportion high profile people, such as athletes, politicians and other entertainers, prefer to live there and the intercostal islands. At the same time, I do also notice that hedge fund managers fleeing taxes in the northeast, especially NY, set up shop in Miami Beach or one of the beaches.

Since Coconut Grove also features a lot of old wealth, in some cases going back over a century, which does not necessarily generate high income compared to contemporary hedge fund managers, that could skew income-based measures in favor of Miami Beach.

What about in terms of total real estate valuations per zip code?

By the way, statistics compiled by zip code can also generate deceptive skews in the measurement results.

Last edited by bale002; 01-21-2023 at 03:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida