Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2022, 07:21 AM

103 posts, read 95,568 times

Advertisements

Please tell me about specific neighborhoods with underground power lines, even if it's just a small section of a community like the Oakland Hills pie slice of Rotonda West. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2022, 07:38 AM

One I'm aware of that I think is a nice little neighborhood is Rivers Edge in Melbourne Beach.

In another thread it was mentioned that Haile Plantation in Gainesville and Abacoa in Jupiter have underground lines.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:38 AM

4,614 posts, read 7,534,118 times
What parts of FL are you looking at? Charlotte county?

Lots of communities north of there, located within the Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Bradenton & Venice area have underground utilities, especially those built within the last 20 years.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
What parts of FL are you looking at? Charlotte county?
Any part of FL.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:02 AM

486 posts, read 516,306 times
I mean, just about every new development in the Jacksonville area have underground utilities. I am sure the same can be said all over the state... anything that is less than 10 years old should have it.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:22 AM

We'd love to find a community with underground lines plus mature trees or at least not totally barren looking. We prefer an established feel without a lot of construction going on around us.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:43 AM

253 posts, read 190,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatique View Post
We'd love to find a community with underground lines plus mature trees or at least not totally barren looking. We prefer an established feel without a lot of construction going on around us.
That may be hard. Underground lines and mature trees (with large root balls) don't really mix. But also, you have to be more specific, down to a city level. Your question is way too vague.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
That may be hard. Underground lines and mature trees (with large root balls) don't really mix. But also, you have to be more specific, down to a city level. Your question is way too vague.
Yes, I do think it will be hard to find what we're looking for. So far Haile Plantation / Haile Village in southwest Gainesville seems like a possible good fit. We really are open to different parts of the state - if a FL community matches our criteria, we want to know about it regardless of whether it's inland, gulf side, Atlantic side, north, central, etc. I will start another thread with a more detailed explanation of what we're looking for.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:48 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,284,327 times
Any community built in the past 50yrs or so will have buried utilities.

Just check out Lakewood Ranch and Westchase as I mentioned previously, I think both are a great fit.

Old 12-08-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Any community built in the past 50yrs or so will have buried utilities.

Just check out Lakewood Ranch and Westchase as I mentioned previously, I think both are a great fit.
I looked at MLS listings, street views, and youtube videos of Lakewood Ranch and Westchase. They both look cool and I get why people choose these communities. We'd prefer a neighborhood that has more of a hidden / under the radar quality. I had made another thread recently (asking about locations that are a little bit upscale, a little bit urban, and safe / low crime) and I got some great recommendations, even tried securing a rental but I suspect it was already taken, I didn't get a response from the listing agent. I realized that almost all of the suggested locations in that thread are just too trendy and popular for us. There were some other roadblocks that applied to the individual areas and so we were kind of back to square one. So I started thinking about New Urbanism communities that could provide a somewhat similar atmosphere as what we initially had in mind, and made a thread about that topic. Underground power lines came up in that thread, and since I'm not 100% set on a master planned mixed use community I wanted to make yet another thread to ask about this topic, since underground lines are a strong preference for me. Now I'm thinking I may give it one last try and lay it all out in a fresh thread, explaining more in depth what we are really looking for. I usually prefer to just ask broad questions and gather as much input as possible and then sort through it myself, but maybe it's better if I get as specific as possible with my inquiry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida