Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 508 times

Advertisements

Anyone who has ever dealt with the state of Florida re-employment assistance program after leaving job surely must be in full agreement that this program is CLEARLY designed to save money by not paying benefits. They do this through an incredibly sloppy, poorly designed, un-managed, confusing, and downright fraudulent system that was set-up purposely by this state.

Anyway, someone please help me out with this. It's a part-time job of in itself managing this claim, and i lost my job 2 1/2 months ago, haven't seen a dime yet.

I left my job on April 4th, which was the week ending April 9th. I only worked one day this week and only earned $174. Can you earn any money on the initial waiting week? Would this week count as a working week, or would it qualify as the "waiting week".

Florida of course counted it as a work-week, so my waiting week was week ending April 16. So my first 2 weeks I was eligible to claim were April 23 and April 30. Due to my misunderstanding on how the system works, I did my 5 searches these weeks, but did not "claim" then online during the 7 days given to do so. My claim was then closed out. I immediately re-opened it and began to claim my weeks on every week moving forward.

Florida then gave me a 2nd "waiting week" which was week ending May 7. So the first week I was counted as eligable for benefits was week ending May 14. Since I already had a waiting week, which was wrong to begin with, how do I get benefits for the week ending May 7?

Also, I appealed the 2 weeks that I didn't claim due to the fact that I simply didn't understand the rules. In the appeal hearing for this issue, the referee did not address these 2 unclaimed weeks but instead addressed a Work Force issue. I didn't understand this at the time and I won the appeal, so thought nothing of it.

Well I have have 4 hearings and have been through so much on this claim and I finally logged in today and saw that all my benefits are finally coming retroactive. However my 2 weeks in April are not included . I have all the information for the 5 employers I contacted those weeks and I need to claim those weeks. I won the appeal and was never given a way to claim those 2 weeks. How can I do this?

Also how do I get my benefits for the incorrect 2nd waiting week?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 09:54 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,656,053 times
You don't seem to know how unemployment benefits work. The State doesn't generally care if they pay out the claims, because the claim is charged back to the employer.

We have fired people with VERY good cause, and the State still grants them reemployment and charges us, even after we challenge it. On the employer side, believe me, we feel the State has no problem paying out.

For what it's worth, it's HORRIBLY mismanaged, I've never seen anything like it. Their organization is horrendous, you don't receive paperwork, they don't respond, they have no idea what it is going on over there. It's a total trainwreck. It has nothing to do with not wanting to pay out benefits, and everything to do with a total failure of government to handle even basic tasks.

Mod edit: off topic comments.

Last edited by Sunscape; 06-27-2016 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida