Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times

Advertisements

1) An average size white lanai cage surrounding a pool.

2) The sidewalks for a corner lot house, along with a 3 car garage wide driveway.

I cannot do either, so I am trying to get average pricing here in Florida, with our humid climate causing mold & algae growth.

Thx much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 04:42 PM

3,324 posts, read 2,136,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
1) An average size white lanai cage surrounding a pool.

2) The sidewalks for a corner lot house, along with a 3 car garage wide driveway.

I cannot do either, so I am trying to get average pricing here in Florida, with our humid climate causing mold & algae growth.

Thx much
1) Approximate dimensions of lanai?

2) Approximate depth of driveway? Approximate length of sidewalk area?

Old 10-28-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
1) Approximate dimensions of lanai?

2) Approximate depth of driveway? Approximate length of sidewalk area?
1) 30'x25'

2) 35' & 120' respectively

Old 10-28-2014, 05:02 PM

Many companies are coming in at $250. One came in at $50.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
1) 30'x25'

2) 35' & 120' respectively
Assuming an 'average' extent of required cleaning, the low/high's are $170 and $470 for a quality job. $250 is probably reasonable if you're consistently receiving that as a quote.

Alternatively, you could just pay to have your lanai pressure washed and see if there's anywhere you could rent a hydro-scrubber from (for the driveway & sidewalks). You can typically rent them (where available) for $30 - $40 per-day, and it's essentially as easy as pushing a vacuum cleaner -- only these clean your horizontal surface area with upwards of 4,000psi (if desired) and near-boiling water temps available. Properly pretreated with a bleach or chlorine solution beforehand, your sidewalks may conceivably look new and the neighbors would probably ask how it was accomplished.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Assuming an 'average' extent of required cleaning, the low/high's are $170 and $470 for a quality job. $250 is probably reasonable if you're consistently receiving that as a quote.

Alternatively, you could just pay to have your lanai pressure washed and see if there's anywhere you could rent a hydro-scrubber from (for the driveway & sidewalks). You can typically rent them (where available) for $30 - $40 per-day, and it's essentially as easy as pushing a vacuum cleaner -- only these clean your horizontal surface area with upwards of 4,000psi (if desired) and near-boiling water temps available. Properly pretreated with a bleach or chlorine solution beforehand, your sidewalks may conceivably look new and the neighbors would probably ask how it was accomplished.
Thx so much for supporting the quote. Makes it easier to swallow.

I can't do any of the work for medical reasons, so I will pay for it all to be done.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Thx so much for supporting the quote. Makes it easier to swallow.

I can't do any of the work for medical reasons, so I will pay for it all to be done.
It's no problem. I can understand how some service quotes can seem like sticker shock. You may be able to get it done at a slightly lower price if you get enough quotes or haggle a bit, but I'll reiterate that I don't think $250 (assuming that's the all-in price) is unreasonable from a reputable company.

It's always important to keep in mind that the price is based on more than just spray-n-pray. It may include any/all of the following:
  • Commute time.
  • Fuel.
  • Labor.
  • Equipment and maintenance thereof.
  • Vehicle maintenance.
  • Worker's Comp.
  • Liability Insurance (typically much more expensive for businesses that take in more than 10-20% of revenue from pressure cleaning).
  • Bond.
  • Chemicals.
  • Repair kits.
  • Profit for the business.
  • Taxes.
  • Phone.
  • Internet.
  • Advertising & Marketing.
  • Storage/Office space.
  • Etc.

Another possible way to lower your cost would be to ask the businesses you contact if they would offer a discount if you were able to convince one or more neighbors to schedule (and complete) a service on the same day.

It's certainly worth it to any business with half a brain to have multiple jobs in the same immediate area on the same day, and they may be willing to knock as much as 10% off of [your bill], per-neighbor, for this type of successful referral.

Best of luck to you.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:08 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,584,614 times
Quote:
It's no problem. I can understand how some service quotes can seem like sticker shock. You may be able to get it done at a slightly lower price if you get enough quotes or haggle a bit, but I'll reiterate that I don't think $250 (assuming that's the all-in price) is unreasonable from a reputable company.

It's always important to keep in mind that the price is based on more than just spray-n-pray. It may include any/all of the following:
  • Commute time.
  • Fuel.
  • Labor.
  • Equipment and maintenance thereof.
  • Vehicle maintenance.
  • Worker's Comp.
  • Liability Insurance (typically much more expensive for businesses that take in more than 10-20% of revenue from pressure cleaning).
  • Bond.
  • Chemicals.
  • Repair kits.
  • Profit for the business.
  • Taxes.
  • Phone.
  • Internet.
  • Advertising & Marketing.
  • Storage/Office space.
  • Etc.

Another possible way to lower your cost would be to ask the businesses you contact if they would offer a discount if you were able to convince one or more neighbors to schedule (and complete) a service on the same day.

It's certainly worth it to any business with half a brain to have multiple jobs in the same immediate area on the same day, and they may be willing to knock as much as 10% off of [your bill], per-neighbor, for this type of successful referral.

Best of luck to you.
Anyone can buy a used pressure washer off Craig's list and say they are in the pressure washing business.
As a homeowner you are at risk for the weekend handymen. "Liability wise" if these people are not properly insured you expose yourself big time. If they fall off a ladder or get hurt on your property you are responsible. They can trip and fall on their own equipment and sue you! Not to say about any damage to your property they might do. Get three or four estimates and ask for copies of their certificates of insurance for workers comp, liability and bonds. Any good company will get these to you with no problem. The low ballers will run and hide. Its not worth the aggravation to take the risk to save a few bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida