Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 05:16 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The OP is Chinese and most of the Asians in Orlando and Tampa are Vietnamese or Korean.
Sure, but my statement is true for Chinese specifically as well. The strongest Chinese populations and Chinese cuisine is also in Tampa and Orlando. Miami is decent just because it's so large, but that also means the good restaurants are very spread out...from Coral Springs all the way up to Boca Raton. Orlando and Tampa just have more and better in close proximity. (I'm saying this as a Chinese guy whose extended family owns five Chinese restaurants in the South Florida area)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad0 View Post
Thank for the useful conversation regarding Chinese communities in Florida. For the record, only my wife is Chinese, but we both enjoy Asian food.

We found out that both Tampa and Orlando have Chinese schools for kids to attend on the weekends:
Tampa Bay Chinese School
??????? The Chinese School of CAACF, Inc

Orlando and Tampa are slightly liberal according to recent presidential voting history, although probably not so much in the suburbs. More and more we are leaning toward Tampa, but we also plan to visit Orlando and Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks!
Jacksonville has a small weekend Chinese School (Taiwanese govt affiliated)...when I was growing up my father was the principal and we had about 60-70 kids most years. Now as I understand it there's only a dozen or so students. There is also a PRC (simplified) Chinese school that I believe is quite small as well.

Definitely visit all those cities. The more you can see the better your decision will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 01:13 PM

44 posts, read 51,595 times
Have you thought about Palm Coast? Few people know about it but its a great family city of about 80,000 people and growing. Good school system, now rated 12th best in Florida (goal is to get into top 10 in the state), within 10 minutes of uncrowded beaches, close to shopping and only 30 minutes away from St. Augustine and Daytona and about 1 1/2 hours to Orlando. Houses are still very affordable and there are a variety of different communities, from beachside locations, to canal locations to gated communities or non gated communities. As I am Realtor in Palm Coast with Coldwell Banker Premier Properties I can tell you you can find a 3bedroom/2 bath house in very good condition starting around $150,000. Houses with screened in pools can be found starting under $200,000 and houses on the canals starting around $300,000. The city has 125 miles of walking/jogging bike paths which connect throughout the city. You will also find a number of nice parks nearby with numerous events throughout the year and a convenient movie house and theater. We have a number of Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Sushi restaurants as well as an Asian market. Taxes are also reasonable here. Let me know if your have any interest and I can send you further information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida