Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times

Advertisements

WOW! Now THIS is currently a storm lovers dream. I haven't seen a storm like this in many years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 04:49 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,896,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
WOW! Now THIS is currently a storm lovers dream. I haven't seen a storm like this in many years.
I'm thinking about making a trip to Florida this weekend (It's forecast to be in the 100's this weekend here, and I'm on vacation) I hope to see a couple of those famous downpours if I decide to go..

Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
I'm thinking about making a trip to Florida this weekend (It's forecast to be in the 100's this weekend here, and I'm on vacation) I hope to see a couple of those famous downpours if I decide to go..
Just make sure you stay near the gulf coast, as that has been one of hot spots for storms the last couple/few weeks.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Just make sure you stay near the gulf coast, as that has been one of hot spots for storms the last couple/few weeks.
Right, I don't want to be too far inland and have to deal with all those crazy gulf/inland winds and whatnot that those guys were talking about in the other threads..

Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 PM

861 posts, read 1,456,409 times
Summer just started and I'm already counting down the days til Autumn arrives. Can't wait.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Right, I don't want to be too far inland and have to deal with all those crazy gulf/inland winds and whatnot that those guys were talking about in the other threads..
I hear ya. Just remember....breeze coming from the west is a western sea-breeze. Breeze coming from the east is an eastern sea-breeze. Where they hit is "one" of the ingredients for storms. It provides lift, so when we have warmer days with elevated dew points.....BOOM.....which has been happening nicely. The local news channel was able to use radar to show how a sea-breeze can and does make it all the way across the state. I kinda had to laugh when I read a post in here somewhere when someone said the sea-breeze only makes it 100 feet inland or something like that.

Weather-wise, this is what I moved here for. Loving it. Very pleasant and very exciting.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I hear ya. Just remember....breeze coming from the west is a western sea-breeze. Breeze coming from the east is an eastern sea-breeze. Where they hit is "one" of the ingredients for storms. It provides lift, so when we have warmer days with elevated dew points.....BOOM.....which has been happening nicely. The local news channel was able to use radar to show how a sea-breeze can and does make it all the way across the state. I kinda had to laugh when I read a post in here somewhere when someone said the sea-breeze only makes it 100 feet inland or something like that.

Weather-wise, this is what I moved here for. Loving it. Very pleasant and very exciting.
Yeah, I was just making fun. I grew up there, I know the weather all too well.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:08 AM

It's looking like another great weekend for possible storms!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:23 AM

892 posts, read 1,578,260 times
Quote:

Some days it does only make it "100 feet inland"......other days it makes it half way across the state or more.....

Other days, the Easterly flow is strong enough that the sea breeze front is WAAAAY OUT IN THE GULF......YES-THAT'S RIGHT........I SAID THE SEA BREEZE DOESN'T EVEN REACH THE COAST BECAUSE OF THE EASTERLY WINDS BEING MUCH STRONGER THAN THE SEA BREEZE..........

When this happens.......the East coast sea breeze and the West coast sea breeze meet out in the Gulf of Mexico......and the West coast of Florida doesn't receive a sea breeze at all.

That is a FACT and I have witnessed it probably at least 100 times here since 1987...

Not really that hard to understand.......it's not the same every day.

Right now.....we have a Southwest flow- which is known as the REVERSE SUMMER TIME PATTERN......

Southwest/west winds all day and night with no Easterly component until the pattern switches.....

ONCE AGAIN.......THE LOCATION OF THE HIGH PRESSURE AXIS IS WHAT DETERMINES WHICH PATTERN (either normal pattern or reverse pattern) WE ARE IN.

East/southeast in the AM- westerly (sea breeze) in the PM = normal pattern

West/southwest in the AM and PM with no Easterly component = REVERSE pattern

Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 AM

Another great weather day. The southwest seabreeze is feeling awesome and it is bringing with it lots of rain showers. That will only enhance as a front from the northwest gets closer and interacts with the southwest seabreeze.

As much as I love the western seabreeze, I think I like the southwestern seabreeze even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida