Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2009, 03:31 PM

267 posts, read 1,178,008 times

Advertisements

I am considering laser hair removal, and American Laser Center seems pretty big, so going in for a free consult. But I am concerned about their being too big, and not paying attention to each client. At the same time I am afraid to go to a smaller place as they may lack experience. I am also worried about other negative effects (I've heard it messes with your pigmentation) that I should know that they (of course) may not warn me about. I'm biting the bullet on the cost- though I'm focussing on armpits for now since I'd like to swim often.
Anyone use their services? What about laser hair removal itself: Anyone have anything at all to say~ please do! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,237,451 times
What state do you live in and what laws do they have about this? I believe in Ohio anyone doing laser hair removal has to be working under a dermatologist.
Which is sort of pain actually and probably makes it more expensive, but hopefully anyway makes it a bit safer. So does this place have a Derm on staff or just one that shows up once in awhile? Have you checked online for any reviews?
Not sure what the above say or charge but I was told by one laser tech at a dermatologists that it would take 3 treatments when in reality its more like 5 or 6 and eventually later down the road new hair follicles will "wake up" and you will usually have some hairs.
Other.....you probably have already been told it doesn't work on light colored or grey hair. I had my upper thighs done 5 times and still have some hair. Years ago did my armpits once. Neither hurt too awful bad, tends to be sort of a cumulative thing, by the end of the appointment it will seem to hurt much more. Had my feet and toes done and OMG that was insanely painful. Really made me reevaluate getting my legs done because I don't think I could stand the pain on the shinbone. Know a girl getting a full Brazilian which I think is sort of dumb. Your "area" will age and I think you will want something to hide it behind later in life

Last edited by Giesela; 11-15-2009 at 04:29 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM

267 posts, read 1,178,008 times
Thanks Giesela. That was useful tips and I don't know abt dermatologist etc. I am meeting them next week and will ask. I was considering electrolysis but I've hear it's almost 10 times as pricy!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,015 times
Hello,
I want to know if anyone has had a successful treatment with this company ? I am actually(American Laser Centers) wanting to get laser done on my underarms...Do you think this would be a good place to go to or should I not do it? I am confused now that I have seen all the negative things online...please let me know what you think.
Thank you

Old 05-01-2010, 05:08 PM

20 posts, read 134,869 times
Hey there everyone,

Any of the above posters went ahead and did the laser hair removal? I would love to know how it went.

Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty