Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 06:32 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

Marie-Anne Lecoeur hasn't forgotten about you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJRr_yT5HmE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 11:31 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Who actually likes her style??

Old 04-04-2024, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Who actually likes her style??
French women. They save money for a few classic, quality items to wear over and over; don't rack up credit card debt buying fast fashion and the latest trends. They have capsule wardrobes. It's rather basic but a good foundation for training your 'eye'. You can then add items, like accessories or prints or different textures, to personalize it. Very practical way of looking at everyday fashions for average people.

Marie-Anne does videos addressing the wishes of her subscribers. This is just one example: Petite and Plus Size women felt ignored. Women who can't wear heels or have bunions asked her for videos with shoes they could wear that didn't look frumpy. She did a series on fashions for different body types. Many women are clueless.

Of course, if you have a stylist, ignore this.

Old 04-04-2024, 05:42 PM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
She talks a lot, who knows how fake the accent is, most of what I have seen here is basic common sense and a mirror. It does not take a stylist.
French women used to be the forefront. Plenty of frumpy, overweight, ratty looking French women out there.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:12 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,170,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
French women. They save money for a few classic, quality items to wear over and over; don't rack up credit card debt buying fast fashion and the latest trends. They have capsule wardrobes. It's rather basic but a good foundation for training your 'eye'. You can then add items, like accessories or prints or different textures, to personalize it. Very practical way of looking at everyday fashions for average people.

Marie-Anne does videos addressing the wishes of her subscribers. This is just one example: Petite and Plus Size women felt ignored. Women who can't wear heels or have bunions asked her for videos with shoes they could wear that didn't look frumpy. She did a series on fashions for different body types. Many women are clueless.

Of course, if you have a stylist, ignore this.
Shoes are really hard for me. I have to wear the same ugly man type ASA shoes because I can't find anything that has a wide enough depth to have wiggle room for my toes. ASA sandles are great but shoes that don't look ugly for a woman and not hurt are impossible to find.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
She talks a lot, who knows how fake the accent is, most of what I have seen here is basic common sense and a mirror. It does not take a stylist.
Look around you. Clearly too many women don't have common sense or even mirrors, judging by the looks of them

Her background (born and raised in France, lives in Normandie now) and mission statement are on her website.
https://www.marieannelecoeur.com/my-story.html

Her youtube videos are a taste of her courses, described on her website. If you have common sense and a mirror, you don't need to take a course. The Community tab on her youtube channel often shows subscribers wearing outfits based on her advice.

You can buy her books and journals in her Amazon store. She also has a free E book. If you're on her mailing list you get notices of online classes and clothing trends. I don't think she is doing in person consultations any more. Zoom calls only.

She is one of a very few genuine French authors/vloggers creating content about genuine French Chic Style for English and American women. Her friend Frederique Bros also has a channel but discusses other topics besides fashion. They both get annoyed with youtubers, usually Americans recently moved to France, who pretend to be experts on French style. I noticed when those poseurs stopped women on the street in Paris to talk about their outfits, most weren't even French!

YouTube Channel here https://bit.ly/33Jb2jz

Old 04-05-2024, 07:19 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
The dress she suggested at 1:12? Terrible! I think my mother made me wear that dress to the 5th grade dance back in 1985.

I'm a petite plus size woman about to turn 50, and I never like any of her suggestions.

Old 04-05-2024, 07:30 AM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Look around you. Clearly too many women don't have common sense or even mirrors, judging by the looks of them

Her background (born and raised in France, lives in Normandie now) and mission statement are on her website.
https://www.marieannelecoeur.com/my-story.html

Her youtube videos are a taste of her courses, described on her website. If you have common sense and a mirror, you don't need to take a course. The Community tab on her youtube channel often shows subscribers wearing outfits based on her advice.

You can buy her books and journals in her Amazon store. She also has a free E book. If you're on her mailing list you get notices of online classes and clothing trends. I don't think she is doing in person consultations any more. Zoom calls only.

She is one of a very few genuine French authors/vloggers creating content about genuine French Chic Style for English and American women. Her friend Frederique Bros also has a channel but discusses other topics besides fashion. They both get annoyed with youtubers, usually Americans recently moved to France, who pretend to be experts on French style. I noticed when those poseurs stopped women on the street in Paris to talk about their outfits, most weren't even French!

YouTube Channel here https://bit.ly/33Jb2jz
I am not part of her fan base.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:37 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I'm not a fan of her style either.

I love basic styles I can dress up or down. I've had some clothes for years. When I find something that flatters my body. I go with it.

Old 04-05-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm not a fan of her style either.

I love basic styles I can dress up or down. I've had some clothes for years. When I find something that flatters my body. I go with it.
Marie-Anne Lecoeur would agree. That is the basis of French style! The French don't like fast fashion, they like quality classics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty