Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 06:29 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 1 day ago)

16,085 posts, read 21,212,980 times

Advertisements

I have gray eyes that apparently look different depending on the light, on what I'm wearing, etc. Mostly it causes confusion, "What color ARE your eyes?!"
Parents have brown eyes and green eyes, siblings have blue eyes and brown eyes, total luck of the draw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2023, 12:01 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,133,125 times
My family is very mixed. While my mother, sister and I have brown eyes & hair my father had golden eyes (like a lion). I have cousins with blonde or red hair and some with blue or green eyes.

I used to love looking at DH's blue eyes (they change color intensity with his mood).

My son ( brown eyes) has two children both with striking eyes. My granddaughter has turquoise eyes while my grandson has bright green eyes with a darker green rim. DH says their eyes are gorgeous and wishes that I could see them for myself.

Old 08-19-2023, 12:27 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,683,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Green eyes are the most rare and IMO, the prettiest. Wish I had gotten them from my grandmother.
Yes, green eyes are very rare and striking. I don't think I even know anybody with them. I was very attracted to DH's lighter blue eyes and black hair. Very attractive combo. Mine are more navy blue.

But I've always been glad and appreciative to be blond and blue-eyed so I don't know what the OP is talking about. Sort of like that "nobody likes blonds anymore" LOL. Most hair-coloring (outside of gray coverage) is to be blond. You don't see any blonds "dying" to be brown.

Old 08-19-2023, 02:37 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,424,036 times
Nope, never heard this. As someone else mentioned, why would people keep getting blue contacts then? I myself am weird. I have blue eyes but also light/almost invisible lashes and pinkish eyelids. So unless I have eyeliner, shadow and mascara on, my blue eyes are NOT super-attractive. When my son was born, I was THRILLED that he ended up with dark brown eyes and black lashes/eyebrows. And olive skin (unlike my fair freckled self).

Old 08-19-2023, 07:14 PM

32,977 posts, read 36,484,630 times
Someone is jealous.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...CreepyBlueEyes

Old 08-20-2023, 08:16 AM

24,151 posts, read 32,574,102 times
Are light eyes seen as an undesirable trait?

No.

Old 08-20-2023, 09:58 AM

6,480 posts, read 4,013,885 times
[quote=Avalon08;65714103]I have blue eyes but also light/almost invisible lashes and pinkish eyelids. So unless I have eyeliner, shadow and mascara on, my blue eyes are NOT super-attractive./QUOTE]

This is why I roll my eyes at the "women look better without makeup" people. There are just too many people out there with pale eyelashes/eyebrows, rosacea or acne or blotchy skin, sparse eyelashes, pale skin, pale lips, dark circles or puffy skin under the eyes, etc. etc. who wear makeup just to look "normal" or "healthy" (but of course the "no makeup" people don't realize that...).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty