Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 12:31 PM

402 posts, read 276,950 times

Advertisements

Have to disagree. Penélope Cruz and Shakaria (sp) both still look beautiful. Jennifer Aniston, I thought was a man, but then again, I've never though she was the least bit attractive to begin with....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 07:08 PM

1,063 posts, read 910,905 times
all of the celebrities i have ever seen without makeup looked really good.
some i saw on the set before costuming/makeup, others in public places.
two that stood out were: Natalie Wood and Paul Newman.
in my opinion, they were perfect without makeup.
of course...plastic surgery is another topic.

Old 08-16-2023, 03:00 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
Have to disagree. Penélope Cruz and Shakaria (sp) both still look beautiful. Jennifer Aniston, I thought was a man, but then again, I've never though she was the least bit attractive to begin with....
Glad to hear someone else say that about JA. I mean, she's a great actress and nice looking but hardly drop-dead gorgeous, imo. DH and I usually agree about who is good-looking but he couldn't answer me when I pressed him about her, lol.

We just watched "Unforgiven" with Sandra Bullock and I could not believe how awful they made her look. I guess make-up works both ways!

Old 08-20-2023, 09:42 AM

402 posts, read 276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Glad to hear someone else say that about JA. I mean, she's a great actress and nice looking but hardly drop-dead gorgeous, imo. DH and I usually agree about who is good-looking but he couldn't answer me when I pressed him about her, lol.

We just watched "Unforgiven" with Sandra Bullock and I could not believe how awful they made her look. I guess make-up works both ways!
Makeup can only do so much though. I mean it can take an average women to cute/pretty, but it's not going to change your bone structure or features where your beauty is actually coming from. Aniston, other then her eye color, her features are too square, especially her chin, nose, which makes her unattractive to me..

Old 08-20-2023, 03:20 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,683,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Watched her in 'The Lost City' a few nights ago, and I noticed that they applied a LOT of makeup on her, and the camera was always slightly soft-focused on her face.

Old 08-21-2023, 09:05 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Most of the women in the OP look great without makeup.

That said, Last Monday I was standing near Gwenyth Paltrow at a concert, and she looked terrible without any makeup.

(Disclosure: Her personality could have tainted my opinion a little.)

Old 08-22-2023, 12:18 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

That said, Last Monday I was standing near Gwenyth Paltrow at a concert, and she looked terrible without any makeup.

lol

She doesn't seem to ever wear much makeup, for whatever that's worth. Seems to like the natural look.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:08 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,156,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That being said, makeup can make a huge huge difference. & It's painful to admit but humans are shallow.

Old 08-22-2023, 01:59 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Oh yes, I already knew celebs don't look any better (in fact often worse) than many of us regular folks. They've just got the $$$$ to have the best makeup, makeup artists, get facials done all the time w/ the pricey skincare, etc.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:16 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,156,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Oh yes, I already knew celebs don't look any better (in fact often worse) than many of us regular folks. They've just got the $$$$ to have the best makeup, makeup artists, get facials done all the time w/ the pricey skincare, etc.
I honestly cringe at some of the horrific things done to actors, actresses and models to keep them professionally viable.

Judy Garland was forced to chain smoke and eat an unhealthy diet as her bosses deemed her "too chubby"......She actually had a seizure on film from the stress of her job.

& I knew a woman who did runway modeling...Fashion models age out by their mid-20s. & Are actively encouraged to be unhealthy- thin. Eating disorders are normal in that world.

Cindy Crawford has been getting plastic surgery since she was in her late 20s. Luckily she was well-balanced enough to have perspective on her job, but many people aren't prepared for the mental strain of having an occupation that depends on one's looks.

.............Fame isn't that great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty