Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 07:25 PM

5,010 posts, read 595,349 times

Advertisements

Although for many people glasses are a necessary item to improve vision, they don’t just have to be practical and boring.

If you have several colorful pairs of glasses, you could even start coordinating them with your outfits if this is something that appeals to you.

I just bought 2 new pairs of glasses with stylish frames in red and purple. They compliment my silver hair.

Finding the perfect pair of glasses will make you feel more confident, which is the key to establishing an amazing personal style.

No outfit is complete without a finishing touch – why not make it your eyewear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2023, 07:47 PM

8,077 posts, read 4,754,746 times
Talk-show hostess Sally Jessy Raphael was famous for her red glasses. She said that it was not intentional, though. She was struggling financially in her younger years (living out of her car) and broke her glasses. The only frames she could afford were the bright red ones in the "bargain bin," but they served their purpose. She had no idea they would quickly became her trademark when she finally got jobs in broadcasting. They might even have been her lucky charm.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:35 AM

25,982 posts, read 22,169,754 times
We shop online with Zenni, and I have noticed that frames are larger than they have been since the 1980s. I am not sure if I like those the larger ones. I have worn glasses since 1963, so the thrill is pretty much gone.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:44 AM

8,784 posts, read 5,080,500 times
Mine would cost a fortune, because on the lens.

Old 07-16-2023, 10:41 AM

5,010 posts, read 595,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We shop online with Zenni, and I have noticed that frames are larger than they have been since the 1980s. I am not sure if I like those the larger ones. I have worn glasses since 1963, so the thrill is pretty much gone.
Large is good - makes your face look smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Mine would cost a fortune, because on the lens.
Mine are progressives, with ultra thin lenses - they were quite pricey.

Old 07-16-2023, 02:28 PM

12,056 posts, read 8,449,416 times
My insurance pays an amount for one pair a year. One year I took a risk and bought these inexpensive ones from Zenni and they have become my favorites.

They go with a lot of things I wear and I've gotten a lot of compliments.

Didn't expect to wear a pair quite so bold but they've been fun.

https://www.zennioptical.com/p/women...?skuId=2018716

Now I've had surgery and no longer need them but I miss wearing them. They became an accessory.

Old 07-16-2023, 02:42 PM

23,356 posts, read 18,943,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Large is good - makes your face look smaller
Your eyes/face are an important visual focal point. Why on earth would you want them to look smaller?

I don't wear prescription glasses but I do wear sunglasses most of the time I'm outdoors. I've lived through several cycles of teeny (called it the bipedal bug look), oversized, and sorta-normally proportional glasses frames. IME and IMHO oversized glasses are just unnecessary weight on the bridge of your nose and they stick out to the point they get bumped or knocked all the time. But then I don't tend to like exaggeration. Honestly, I'd rather an observer's focus remain on what's more important...the person wearing whatever it is, not the whatever it is itself.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-16-2023 at 03:15 PM..

Old 07-16-2023, 04:09 PM

6,472 posts, read 3,997,370 times
Quote:
I have worn glasses since 1963, so the thrill is pretty much gone.
Yeah, I don't worry about them for fashion (who can afford several pairs at $300+ a pop??? Maybe people who barely have a prescription. My "spares" are whatever my last pair was)... I'm more likely to just look for something neutral that looks okay on my face.

Old 07-16-2023, 04:52 PM

8,056 posts, read 10,653,334 times
Quote:
Same here. I've had them since I was in the first grade and I'm now in my 60's so I've been through all those decades of "styles" and frame "fashions".

I still would trade all the glasses in the world for 20/20 vision and not having to wear the darn things.

Old 07-16-2023, 10:19 PM

9,730 posts, read 14,282,898 times
I have prescription transition glasses that change from bright sunlight use (sun glasses) to indoor use. They did cost more than the average ones, so I'm not willing to pay a bundle for a few different frames. But, I've thought about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty