Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 03:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,408 times

Advertisements

I was just having this conversation with my coworker. Why do so many women have these rings hanging out of their noses!! They look like the rings they put on steer to control them. Between the piercings, the tattoos, and the multicolored hair or shaved heads, what is going on?! What is going on that women don't want to look feminine anymore? I guess it's a sign of the times, but it doesn't look pretty. Only my opinion though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2022, 04:09 PM

777 posts, read 503,312 times
I know a guy with one small one. It looks like he has a booger hanging out of his nose all the time.

Old 10-17-2022, 04:31 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
I was just having this conversation with my coworker. Why do so many women have these rings hanging out of their noses!! They look like the rings they put on steer to control them. Between the piercings, the tattoos, and the multicolored hair or shaved heads, what is going on?! What is going on that women don't want to look feminine anymore? I guess it's a sign of the times, but it doesn't look pretty. Only my opinion though.
I see just as many men as women with visible piercings. It's not a gender thing.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 10-17-2022, 05:20 PM

840 posts, read 772,320 times
Seeing a nose-ring brings to my mind an intact bull . . . no matter which gender wears it. Yes, they're all distracting & distasteful to me . . . it seems they think they aren't pretty enough on their own.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:01 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
First of all, most of the nose rings I see are NOT on people my age. They are on Millenials and Gen Z people. I see them equally among women and men. I've gotten used to them.

Most are also through the NOT through the septum - they are through one nostril or the other, so all of this talk about cows and bulls falls flat for me.

While it isn't anything I'd ever do, I've seen it look nice on both women and men. Last week I saw a Physicians Assistant for a minor complaint. The young woman who treated me had a delicate nose ring and it looked nice. She was very professional and attractive.

I think that there are bizarre facial mutilations and body modifications that go way too far. A small ring in another person's nose is not bizarre to me. It's also not permanent.

Old 10-17-2022, 07:46 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
First of all, most of the nose rings I see are NOT on people my age. They are on Millenials and Gen Z people. I see them equally among women and men. I've gotten used to them.

Most are also through the NOT through the septum - they are through one nostril or the other, so all of this talk about cows and bulls falls flat for me.

While it isn't anything I'd ever do, I've seen it look nice on both women and men. Last week I saw a Physicians Assistant for a minor complaint. The young woman who treated me had a delicate nose ring and it looked nice. She was very professional and attractive.

I think that there are bizarre facial mutilations and body modifications that go way too far. A small ring in another person's nose is not bizarre to me. It's also not permanent.
My daughter has a pierced septum. I usually see her with the open-ended rings, though. She does have one I've seen that is the "bull" type, if you have a blingy bull who likes fake diamonds on his nose ring. That one looked a little too distracting for my taste, but hey, she is 31 and it's her nose. Sometimes she has no ring in at all.

Like anything else, you get used to it, and in the grand scheme of problems one could experience with a child, a nose ring is not even a blip on the radar.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 10-17-2022 at 08:40 PM..

Old 10-17-2022, 07:49 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
Small nose rings or studs don't bother me when they are one side of the nose. I do wonder about removal and what happens when one has a cold or a similar need to use tissues frequently.

Other facial piercings look a bit odd to me on most people. A beautiful young woman I know now has a small barbell type piercing at the top of her nose bridge. I just wonder why? It distracts from her natural beauty in my opinion.

My daughter snuck in some very small gauges as a teen. I think they were actually called tapers that were intended to increase the size of her original ear piercing. She wore her hair down so we didn't notice for a few days. She grew tired of caring for it quickly and before she could ever size up. She let it close up.

To each their own I suppose.

Old 10-17-2022, 08:48 PM

1,859 posts, read 837,121 times
i hate the bull rings, always have the thought of attaching a rope

Old 10-18-2022, 12:00 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
I'm starting to see well dressed women usually younger than 35 with a nose piercing and it's just so unappealing. While beauty is in the eye of the beholder and trends always change over time. I find the trend of dressing well and nose piercing to be very unappealing and distracting.

1st of all, facial beauty is all about symmetry. If you have one bigger ear ring on one ear, it looks off.

Having nose piercing is like having a shiny pimple next to the nose.

What do yall think about it?
I think they are quite unattractive.

Old 10-18-2022, 12:59 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
-Nose ring(s)
- Cheek piercing(s)
-Tongue piercing
- Lobe holes the size of a quarter.

All get the thumbs down in appeal.

Yes appeal is subjective .

you ask, and I answered.

and yes my d.i.l has a nose piercing. She keeps a small diamond in it. it neither distracts or enhances her appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty