Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2023, 05:49 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Tongue piercings are the worst.

Why would any woman think that makes her look good?
Do you think that is why women get their tongues pierced? To look good?

Old 02-10-2023, 07:21 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
I'm in my 50s and have had a nose ring since I was 24 years old, so over half my life. I used to have 3 levels of ear piercing, but the only one I have left is the one on the upper cartilege of my left ear. On rare occasions I'll wear earrings in my original piercing locations, but only special occasions. The nose ring, however? Always has something in it, whether it's a barbell stud or a hoop.

It's SO commonplace now as to not even be a conversation anymore. Same goes for men having ears pierced. It's not "code" for anything - it's just personal choice to have them or not. My daughter is almost 20 and does not intend to pierce her ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 12:10 PM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
<snip>
Same goes for men having ears pierced. It's not "code" for anything <snip>
Bravo! *Appaluse* 67 Years young, ears double pierced, among other locations.

Old 02-11-2023, 01:44 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
I'm in my 50s and have had a nose ring since I was 24 years old, so over half my life. I used to have 3 levels of ear piercing, but the only one I have left is the one on the upper cartilege of my left ear. On rare occasions I'll wear earrings in my original piercing locations, but only special occasions. The nose ring, however? Always has something in it, whether it's a barbell stud or a hoop.

It's SO commonplace now as to not even be a conversation anymore. Same goes for men having ears pierced. It's not "code" for anything - it's just personal choice to have them or not. My daughter is almost 20 and does not intend to pierce her ears.
You know how you are supposed to keep your ear piercings and earrings clean, right? How on Earth do you keep your nose piercing clean? Maybe I don’t want to know, actually…

Why do you just wear the one, upper earring now? Are the other piercings difficult, as they are closing up? I’ve found that if I don’t keep wearing earrings constantly, the holes start to heal up. I read somewhere, that they try to heal up if you are wearing metals you could be allergic to.

I can’t seem to wear gold or silver anymore - they make me itch. So I’ve been wearing titanium or niobium earrings. These metals are hypoallergenic, so I’ve been wearing them constantly, without any problems.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:14 AM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
You know how you are supposed to keep your ear piercings and earrings clean, right? How on Earth do you keep your nose piercing clean? Maybe I don’t want to know, actually…

Why do you just wear the one, upper earring now? Are the other piercings difficult, as they are closing up? I’ve found that if I don’t keep wearing earrings constantly, the holes start to heal up. I read somewhere, that they try to heal up if you are wearing metals you could be allergic to.

I can’t seem to wear gold or silver anymore - they make me itch. So I’ve been wearing titanium or niobium earrings. These metals are hypoallergenic, so I’ve been wearing them constantly, without any problems.
I drop my nose ring into hydrogen peroxide for a bit when I clean it. I've been told that you shouldn't use HP, but I do and have had no issues in the 25+ years I've had the piercing.

On my ear lobes, the three "extra" piercings have mostly closed up - I got them when I was in my 20s and in my early 30s went from wearing tons of jewelry to only my wedding ring, my upper earring and my nose ring. So those holes that I only had for 8-10 years quickly starting closing up. I do have the original ones I got when I was 13, though.

The one upper barbell earring is kind of "out of sight out of mind" - I never take it out and therefore never think about it.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:59 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
I've always thought nose studs were pretty. Exotic kind of.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:10 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
I've had my nose ring for many years. It's not a stud, it's a full on ring. And as soon as I get the chance this year, I'm gonna pierce my septum. My little gift to ME, myself and I. Life's too short for me to worry about what strangers think of me.

Old 02-24-2023, 03:31 AM

10 posts, read 3,686 times
it depends which kind of piercing it is
I mean I don't like when girls have nose piercing like a small cristal on one side of the nose, however I like how a ring looks in the septum

Old 02-14-2024, 08:19 AM

457 posts, read 219,418 times
Is the nose ring trend going away? Not seeing as many women with nose rings as before.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:08 PM

966 posts, read 514,798 times
It looks awful to me too. I would never date someone who had them. This is a broad generalization, but I think it's true: they just want to call attention to themselves, and show that they belong to a particular societal cult that does this to their bodies for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty