Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 03:30 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times

Advertisements

I like slim cut clothes. I don't like baggy clothes, but I also don't like my clothes to be too tight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 03:56 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times
I like traditional men's clothing with the classic fitted cut. I hope pleated pants return.

Old 02-26-2022, 07:58 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
My experience is that Land's End slim it works well for me. Especially in the seat.
I looked into Land's End and L.L.Bean a long time ago because of adjustable sizing, specified inseam, etc. However, I wasn't paying enough attention to the "vanity sizing" going on across America and the globe. The last time I ordered size 30 from an American clothing company the fit was very loose and baggy (many places it was hard to find size 30s and 32s as those seem to be smallest for the US crowd). I'm more than 50 lbs heavier than when I was in high school, I shouldn't be wearing a smaller size, ... but I guess I need to realize the clothing companies are in it to make money and make people feel good by size creep. My size is probably close to TwinbrookNine. I don't really work out now (although I should), but regardless of American clothes, it's either going to be very loose around the belly and slightly tight in the chest or much too tight in the chest to fit well around the waist.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:45 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,172,168 times
[quote=mr peanut;62963318

tight fitting clothing almost feels like you have to peel it off like a banana peel, I guess it's OK for a lady but not for a grown man.
[/QUOTE]

Why is it okay for "a lady"? So you can check out her figure better?

I don't understand why many women wouldn't prefer comfortable clothes just as men do.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:28 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden47 View Post
I've seen several articles that say the skinny/ slim tight styles of the 2010s have been gradually fading away for both men and women, and oversized / baggy clothes are starting to come back into style. I personally hate anything fitted, slim, etc. Uncomfortable and can even impact health! I don't go below "regular" fit and pants, and usually go a size up on shirts. Some "extra large" shirts these days look more like a medium! I'm about 225 lb. and usually wear XL or XXL shirts, usually the latter due to sizes getting smaller and shirts shrinking. I'm 6'0" with a long torso so sometimes I need "tall" size despite not being that tall - don't like the "short shirt that shows off my belt" look.
I'm fat so prefer loose clothing and I think people prefer to see me in loose clothing.

Old 02-27-2022, 07:13 AM

52 posts, read 40,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I went through a time of wearing tight pants, but instead of getting compliments (which I wasn’t after) people thought I was gay (nothing wrong people thinking you are gay as long that you are). Lets just say my pant sizes got a little bigger. I wouldn’t call them baggy.

Shirts are still the same, well fitting. I went through a time when the only shirts I wore were button ups. Now I’m back to wearing t-shirts, though they need to have at least some buttons on top.
That's a shame. Most Americans are pretty closed-minded when it comes to male gender expression.

I would totally wear skinny jeans if I had the body for it. But as a 5'4" guy with an average build, I look best in a slim-straight or "straight-tapered" cut.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:18 AM

10,552 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Comfort is the primary consideration. Neither loose or tight really qualify. Tight probably looks better on me though, since I'm tall and thin.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:44 AM

4,527 posts, read 2,669,541 times
Properly fitted means neither zoot-suit baggy nor ”still wearing my Bar Mitzvah suit” tight. Coats should not pucker at the buttons. Pants should offer sufficient room to stand AND sit, and also enough space for a full set of masculine equipment without putting it on constant display. We all know what you've got down there, don't need to be looking at it all the time. Suit pants and slacks should have a slight break on the tops of the shoes. Mary Tyler Moore looked cute in Capri pants; Michael Thomas Morton doesn't. Unless you have a perfect physique (like, less than 5% body fat) skin tight shirts are showing people some things they don't want to see.

As someone who's been slightly overweight almost my whole life, plus an avid cyclist (so thighs like tree trunks) I lived through the 1970s as a constant stream of pants ripped from stem to stern from doing exotic maneuvers like bending over to pick up a nickel. When pleated dress pants came out in about 1984, I realized that it was possible to wear pants that LOOKED GOOD, and DIDN'T CRUSH MY BALLS. I swore right then that I wasn't going back to tight pants, and I'm not going to. You'll have to pry my pleated slacks from my cold dead hands.

Old 02-28-2022, 04:04 PM

145 posts, read 79,753 times
Baggy

Old 02-28-2022, 05:58 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Properly fitted means neither zoot-suit baggy nor ”still wearing my Bar Mitzvah suit” tight. Coats should not pucker at the buttons. Pants should offer sufficient room to stand AND sit, and also enough space for a full set of masculine equipment without putting it on constant display. We all know what you've got down there, don't need to be looking at it all the time. Suit pants and slacks should have a slight break on the tops of the shoes. Mary Tyler Moore looked cute in Capri pants; Michael Thomas Morton doesn't. Unless you have a perfect physique (like, less than 5% body fat) skin tight shirts are showing people some things they don't want to see.

As someone who's been slightly overweight almost my whole life, plus an avid cyclist (so thighs like tree trunks) I lived through the 1970s as a constant stream of pants ripped from stem to stern from doing exotic maneuvers like bending over to pick up a nickel. When pleated dress pants came out in about 1984, I realized that it was possible to wear pants that LOOKED GOOD, and DIDN'T CRUSH MY BALLS. I swore right then that I wasn't going back to tight pants, and I'm not going to. You'll have to pry my pleated slacks from my cold dead hands.
The men's jeans that were popular in the late 1970s were definitely nut crushers. At a certain point, comfort becomes important.

I really like the standard slim cut pants now. They aren't skin tight, but they fit the contours of the body. I hate the way baggy pants look on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty