Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 08:12 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
wallet (which is bigger than many purses)
Zipper pouch for gift cards.
packet of cash for needy
nasal spray
lipstick & liner
breath spray
pens
glasses
sunglasses
hand sanitizer

candy
tissues
loose change
hairpins
nail file
retractable backscratcher
checkbook
phone (when we're out and about)
facemask
pillbox
mintbox
hand lotion
comb
gun
Why carry a checkbook? Wouldn't a debit card be easier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 10:38 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
Why carry a checkbook? Wouldn't a debit card be easier?
You're seriously going to point out the checkbook (which tells me they are probably over 70 years old) but not notice that they are carrying a firearm in their purse?

Old 01-07-2022, 11:16 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You're seriously going to point out the checkbook (which tells me they are probably over 70 years old) but not notice that they are carrying a firearm in their purse?
It's not something I would carry around personally, but not all that unusual. Many CCW holders keep a firearm in their purse.

The checkbook on the other hand ... it surprises me when I hear people are still carrying those around. I think I've written maybe 2 checks in the last year. That relic can stay tucked away in my desk drawer.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:24 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Wallet
2 pens
2 sani wipes
small hand sanitizer bottle
car keys
lip gloss/power foundation(sometimes)
mask
dental floss
burts bees
gun (sometimes)

Old 01-07-2022, 09:20 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
My checkbook is in my wallet, so I 'carry' it too, but you make a good point. I don't usually write checks when I'm out and about; I use my debit card.

If I could carry, I would also have a gun in my purse (I'm gonna need a bigger purse.).

Old 01-07-2022, 09:57 PM

3,374 posts, read 1,966,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I don't see anything wrong with carrying a firearm in a purse if the purse is equipped to hold it properly (although a holster is a better option.) A debit card vs a checkbook just makes more sense to me.

It sounds like you're assuming the poster is over 70 and therefore shouldn't be able to legally carry a gun.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:00 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's not something I would carry around personally, but not all that unusual. Many CCW holders keep a firearm in their purse.

The checkbook on the other hand ... it surprises me when I hear people are still carrying those around. I think I've written maybe 2 checks in the last year. That relic can stay tucked away in my desk drawer.
There's no need to carry an entire checkbook; however, I think it's wise to tear out a check and stash it either in a wallet or in a zippered compartment in one's purse "just in case."

I always have one check with me. I was a Girl Scout, and our motto was "Be prepared."

Old 01-07-2022, 10:09 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
I just bought a new phone, and a new phone case. The new phone case will carry a credit card, my debit card, my drivers license. I am officially done with a purse. My health insurance card is on my phone, as is my Covid vax card.

More often than not I am in my car. I was talking to a fellow C-Der one time and she was telling me about all the stuff that she carried to and from work. I found it appalling.

But as we talked she pointed something out that was extremely true and very funny. The reason I don’t have to carry tissues, a nail file, moisture wipes, hand cream and lip balm is my car is my purse. I have all that stuff in my car.

Now I’m moving to an area that’s going to be warm in the summer. Might not be able to get away with lip balm in the car anymore, it might just melt. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I also use a Love Handle on my phone. It’s an elastic strap that sticks to your phone case you put your finger through. It’s a very secure strap. I can hold my phone using one finger and the phone can flip around and be perfectly fine. Works really well in the grocery store as often my list is on my phone also how I pay as my phone, and it’s all just work so nicely and I won’t have to carry a stupid purse anymore — I’m so over the purse.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:04 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
For the record, there are a few places that I do use checks...they won't/can't run a card, so I carry it just in case.
As for the gun, I am trained and licensed to carry. I generally holster (it's safer and better) but with women's clothing, it's not always possible. Every purse I own I shop intensely for. I pay good money and all have a dedicated pocket that my handgun fits into well but is easily accessible. Every purse has a shoulder strap that resists cutting and lets my purse hang to the exact length that my arm is so that while walking in any iffy places, my hand can rest easily over the gun pocket area. The only purses that are not equipped to carry are small evening purses for a more formal soiree.

I have my reasons to carry both the gun and the checkbook.
Oh, and no.. I'm not over 70, lol.

Old 01-08-2022, 08:49 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
I don't carry a wallet....a tiny wristlet, usually - unless it's something special where I need a certain color to work with an outfit - and how often does that happen these days?

Credit cards
Cash - a few small bills just in case
Lip tint - which I rarely use since I'm rarely not wearing a mask
Pen...sometimes
Phone - I just got a bigger phone and had to also "upgrade" my purse so it would fit!

Checkbook stays in the desk at home
Extra face masks, sunglasses, kleenex, hand sanitizer all stay in the car

Last edited by reneeh63; 01-08-2022 at 08:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty