Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 06:30 PM

362 posts, read 143,717 times

Advertisements

I am interested in finding a classy/elegant fragrance or something mature. So what are your favorites ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 07:36 AM

9,439 posts, read 5,201,523 times
Keep in mind that fragrance smells different on different people.

Example: I used to love RED, not even sure they make it anymore, but had a friend who said she loved it too but it smelled like pepper on her, and it sure did!

But to your question.....I like Channel fragrances, especially Coco. Very woodsy. On me, lasts all day.....always gets compliments.
Also used to wear Angel by Thierry Mugler, but that is actually a synthetic fragrance. It is also woodsy'ish and lasted all day, on me.
Magic Noir by Lancome was another one I wore for years. Dreamy, still love it, hard to find but it is out there.

It's hard to find one specific fragrance if you are looking for a signature scent since there are so many out there IMO. I'd say start with what notes you like generally, like woodsy, grassy, floral, spicy, etc.....and shop around. If you can get samples, ask for them. As with other products, it's a downer to spend $100+ on a regular sized bottle of something that doesn't work for you.

What do you wear now?

Old 12-05-2021, 08:00 AM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
I wear: Flowers by Kenzo
Bright Crystal by Versace
Yellow Diamond by Versace
Romance by Ralph Lauren
Paloma Picasso
Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Old 12-05-2021, 08:02 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Narcisse and SO keeps me supplied.

Old 12-05-2021, 08:28 AM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Coco Noir Chanel, The One Dolce & Gabbana, Panthere Cartier, J'adore Dior, L'Instant Guerlain, L'heure Bleue are some you might like to try.

Old 12-05-2021, 09:04 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
I've lessened my use of perfume because so many people seem to have sensitivities these days. And my favorites are the musky, oriental toned ones which can be a bit too much these days.

During the day time when I want to wear a fragrance I usually use Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, Chanel Mademoiselle or Vera Wang. All in EDT form.

For evenings right now I have Fan di Fendi and Red. The Fan di Fendi was a mistake. Thought I was ordering the traditional Fendi which I like a lot. The Fan di Fendi has three very distinct dry downs the final which is leather. It's not quite right for me. And the Red is initially pretty intense.

Two others I used to enjoy were YSL Opium, Estee Lauder Youth Dew and Aromatics Elixir, all of which are dated now by their intensity.

One I really liked in my twenties was an inexpensive bottle of Grass Oil by Jovan but it is no longer available. Very fresh and outdoorsy.

I like the Times Goldleaf floral collection and I think that will be my next purchase in Hyacinth.

I do enjoy wearing fragrance and use it every day even if I'm staying home.

Old 12-05-2021, 09:33 AM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Some more to try:

Chanel no 5, Cartier Basier Vole, 24 Faubourg Hermes are refined and elegant fragrances.

Two inexpensive classics that feel refined, mature: Chantilly Dana, White Shoulders Evyan

Old 12-05-2021, 10:16 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,512 times
Flowerbomb by Vicktor and Rolf
Light Blue by Dolce and Gabana
Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

Old 12-05-2021, 11:17 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Winter — Estee Lauder Sensuous. Philosophy Fresh Cream and Warm Cashmere.

Summer — Jean Nate. They no longer make the cologne. So you’re stuck with the bath splash. And Origins Ginger Essence.

For the spring and fall, depends on the day. If it’s cooler I go with the warmer fragrances my winter fragrances if it’s warmer, I go with the summer fragrances.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:39 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
I cant use any sort of perfumes as I have MCS but buy it for gifts for others.. as long as they dont wear it in my company... the last one I bought was a Salvatore Ferragamo perfumes last Xmas for my grandaughters...Signorina. just small bottles as quite expensive.. but I dont have a clue if its nice or not..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty