Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:31 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
Stay away from the black. If you already have navy wedges they would look great. A silver cluth would be fine. Shoes and hand bags do not have to coordinate anymore. It is a fun fresh dress so anything that is put with it should be the same. Silver strappy sandals with a low heel would also look good. You could add some dark skinny jeans to it for later wear with those same silver strappy sadals and it would look fabulous!
This was my thought also. Just do the silver clutch with the navy shoes. I'm pretty into "matching" but I also agree that this would be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 10:16 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,260,315 times
Id wear the silver strappy ones with a silver clutch.. sounds more fun. I wouldnt' wear black with navy either as someone else posted..

Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vukinjo View Post
I am going shopping at lunch today!! A lot of women would enjoy the process of shopping for an outfit for an event, but for me, it is both challenging and stressful lol. I hope I find what I'm looking for!
I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
Just be open minded, don't put to much pressure onto yourself, and make it as enjoyable as you possibly can.
If need be, improvise.
There are always other choices, and that alone can and will take pressure off your shoulders.
Shopping should never end up being a stressful event by any means. (Unless you are going to the "Oscar's"....LOL )
Nice and easy does it....LOL.
Good luck, and let us know, what you ended up finding!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:14 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,349 times
Well, lunch shopping was a bust lol. I didn't find anything I liked but I am going to a place called the Shoe Pavilion maybe after work. I looked at their website and they have a great selection of silver strappy sandals and clutches so I am hopeful!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
There ya go....a "backup" plan....that's what I'm talking 'bout....LOL.
Aren't girls amazing, making due, improvising and re- improvising?
I shock my husband with that "gift" I possess all the time....LOL.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:14 PM

190 posts, read 764,012 times
Navy shoes and silver clutch is the way to go, matching shoes and clutch is OLD FASHION.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:39 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
I'd go with the black. Because black goes with any color of clothing.

The silver may not be right, because there are many different shades of silver and grey. Go with black. You can never go wrong with black.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:46 AM

35 posts, read 152,811 times
i would NEVER wear black with navy blue. TOTAL fashion DONT.

Wear silver/gray shoes and a silver/gray bag. (BOTH REALLYYYY EASY TO FIND)

Try a stappy heal for the shoe OR if you feel more comfortable in flats, try a cute simple ballet flat.

If you cant afford to buy a bag, borrow one or check out payless...they always have silver stuff and its super cheap.

Have fun at the wedding!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty