Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,587,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Thanks for the kind words but its no bother. Its kinda fun to take an ugly duckling and turn it into a one of a kind piece. If I didnt do that I wouldnt have anything interesting to wear. Large peep stuff is boring unless you have lots of moolah. . Also I only like earthtones and Im tall. And I hate stuff with no collars. I*m picky for a old fat broad. So Im constanly tweaking stuff.

Tweed you say. I dont know where I got silk from. Yes a black blanket stitch would look good on grey and black tweed. Also a good way to close the seam.

Just a thought on the blue tweed. If it were me I would either use black or stay in the royal blues. When you pick a color always think about what color pants and top you would choose to finish off your outfit. Odd colors can be fetching or they can limit what you can wear and sometimes make it impossible. I like things to match. Just one of my peculiarities. IMO if you get more than three colors you have to be good to pull it off.

BTW. If I really like something I keep it. Sooner or later it either comes back or I fnally figure out another way to wear it.
I agree. The foundation of my wardrobe always remains black. That way, I can add color as I choose.

Your ideas and suggestions are great . . . you are very creative!

I started sewing as a kid so I could expand my wardrobe . . . and like you - I enjoy taking an ugly duckling and re-working it. Just have not spent time doing that in many years. However, the skills remain and I am just not into spending a lot of money when I can recycle.

I like your philosophy, CR. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts w/ me. I hope we meet again on other threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,525 posts, read 6,338,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I agree. The foundation of my wardrobe always remains black. That way, I can add color as I choose.

Your ideas and suggestions are great . . . you are very creative!

I started sewing as a kid so I could expand my wardrobe . . . and like you - I enjoy taking an ugly duckling and re-working it. Just have not spent time doing that in many years. However, the skills remain and I am just not into spending a lot of money when I can recycle.

I like your philosophy, CR. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts w/ me. I hope we meet again on other threads.
Weve already met but I look forward to meeting you again too. Its nice to meet someone else who like to repurpose. I like having stuff other peeps dont have. Makes them jealous.

Yes its good to have a base color mine's green. I agree when you base your wardrobe on a core group of colors its a lot easier to be put together. A lot of peeps dont believe in it but I still subscribe to color theory. Im an Autumn.

I havent been doing as much reworking lately since all I do is clean houses but when I used to work in the office and get all gussied up I did a lot more. Truthfully sometimes I miss it. Not he office. Getting dressed up. I still have a lot of my suits and dress up clothes cause I cant make myself get rid of them.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,587,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Weve already met but I look forward to meeting you again too. Its nice to meet someone else who like to repurpose. I like having stuff other peeps dont have. Makes them jealous.

Yes its good to have a base color mine's green. I agree when you base your wardrobe on a core group of colors its a lot easier to be put together. A lot of peeps dont believe in it but I still subscribe to color theory. Im an Autumn.

I havent been doing as much reworking lately since all I do is clean houses but when I used to work in the office and get all gussied up I did a lot more. Truthfully sometimes I miss it. Not he office. Getting dressed up. I still have a lot of my suits and dress up clothes cause I cant make myself get rid of them.
Yes, CR - we have met on other threads - I was just emphasizing that you have been so helpful - I hope we meet many more times and collaborate in the future, LOL. It has been fun! No one else in my life would be very interested in my updating and recycling.

I am a winter but I can also wear some autumn colors . . . Lke you, when I was in a corporate setting, I had so many beautiful suits. But I have been working from home for 16 years. It took me about 9 years to finally get rid of the remaining suits! Eventually, things just kind of went out of style w/ the cut . . . I hung onto a few jackets, tho! Such nice fabric . . . maybe I will pull them out, too!

I do miss dressing up at times. I am into such a "uniform" here at home - and that is great . . . very comfortable. I wear what I heard on Oprah was a big NO NO - running suits, I guess you would call them. I have them in velour for winter and terry cloth for Spring . . . and some other cotton ones thrown in . . . but they are comfortable, wash well and at least I don't look too sloppy if I have to run errands. Otherwise, I wear jeans but frankly, the running suits are much more comfortable than jeans . . . I do wear capris a lot in the summer . . . I love cute shoes so I continue to buy shoes even tho I dont wear them except when we travel and occasionally here during the day or to run errands or meet someone for lunch. I do like to get dressed up but so nice not to have to rush and actually DO IT every day, LOL.

I have been trying to get caught up on a work project and can't wait til I am finished so I can really dig in and get the jacket fixed!

You ought to start threads on your other projects so I can find out what else you are doing. I think that would be a lot of fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty