Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,325,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yes, I've thought the same thing. And I imagine that the people who got tattoos when they were edgy and countercultural were a little annoyed when tats became mainstream.
Why should they care why someone else got a tattoo?

I don't give a damn why someone else did or did not choose to get a tattoo.

My ears are pierced. I do not care whether or not someone has pierced ears.

I could go on and on here, but people need to do what THEY like. They'll be unhappy otherwise.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
It means you are not a follower. You still have some individuality!

But, do not despair. I have seen YOU TUBE videos where octagenarians get tattoos because they don't want to be left out.
Or maybe they just always wanted a tattoo and now they are old and retired and don't have to be concerned about what anyone else thinks. LOL.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I agre with your post. There are plenty of nice folks with tattoos.

The bold statements are very typical of tattooed folks and I believe is just rationalization. Just say I love tattoos and be done with it. No need to make excuses, I get it.
No. You really don't get it.

People get tattooed for a variety of reasons. I have a tattoo that covers a good portion of my back, from my shoulder down my back and around to my left side. It has meaning to me. I cannot even see it most of the time, but that doesn't matter.

My other is one I see all the time. It has meaning as well.

Of course I like the way they look, but my reason for getting the ones I have now wasn't so simple as "I like the way some tattoos look."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty