Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,861 times

Advertisements

Because I work in a casual setting, it's a waste of time to frequently switch wardrobes. I sometimes take public transportation, too - and I don't want any good clothes ruined because of who knows what on a bus. So I wear the same basics week in, week out.

At least I seldom consider what to wear for work. As long as it looks decent and can be accessorized, I'm fine.

How about you?

Oops, spelled "repeatedly" wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,189 times
I do the same.
I also use train to go to work. I use the same clothes 2 days in a row - assuming they are clean and un-smelly.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:50 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,396 times
Over the last year, I've been striving to have a capsule wardrobe - a smaller number of well-made, well fitting, classic pieces. I finally figured out I was happier if I had one pair of beautiful, exquisitely fitting pair of black trousers than 3-4 less expensive pair that I bought because the price was right.

I mix it up with accessories, and I definitely don't have a capsule shoe wardrobe. But my work wardrobe has a lot of repeat and recycled outfits. Very few people notice, other than a good friend I work with, who is a fellow fashionista. We tend to watch each others outfits for ideas to steal.

I tend to have some beautifully cut trousers and sheath dresses in grey, black, and navy -- sometimes brown. And I own a cardigan or twin set in every color that looks good on me. I find that twin sets are great because I can get so many looks out of them:

* wear the cardigan without the shell, over a dress or another top
* wear the shell without the cardigan, with a different jacket or on its own
* wear the shell from one twinset with the cardigan from another (Pink shell with black cardigan, navy cardigan with green shell)
* wear twinset without buttons buttoned, loose
* wear twinset belted with wide stretch belt
* wear twinset belted with skinny little patent leather belt

Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I do. I go in waves. I am also working on a semi-capsule collection. But I tend to love wacky colors.....so my pieces are a little "distinctive."

Old 07-29-2013, 06:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I have several pairs of black pants, a pair of jeans, and six or seven shirts that I wear all the time. I do own other clothes, I just don't feel like wearing them.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Lately I've just been wearing the same 5 or 6 summer dresses with flats to work, and on the weekend I've been wearing the same pair of cut off shorts and random 'nerd' shirts. I'm a lazy dresser and since nobody sees me at work (I work in a windowless office with no human contact) I tend to dress down a bit.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,822,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Lately I've just been wearing the same 5 or 6 summer dresses with flats to work, and on the weekend I've been wearing the same pair of cut off shorts and random 'nerd' shirts. I'm a lazy dresser and since nobody sees me at work (I work in a windowless office with no human contact) I tend to dress down a bit.
You work in an office. I though you worked in an airplane hanger.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
I'm retired and I also retired my rather extensive, professional work wardrobe. I have not replaced it with an expansive wardrobe of casual clothes, just enough for a little variety and appropriate cleanliness. There's no one I need to impress and I don't have ay reason to spend a whole lot on clothing. I purchase good quality, just not a bunch of it.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:41 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
yes, I pretty much rotate my favorite clothes. I'm in a casual atmosphere as well, with no public contact, thank goodness, so no need to get all dressed up. Another reason, I go to the gym right after work, so I don't want to deal with dressy clothes squashed into my gym bag. Or finding a safe place to store my gems. It's capri's and sandals in the summer, slacks or jeans in the winter.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:02 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
For fall/winter, I have a smaller wardrobe, with lots of black, so everything goes together. I like not having to think too hard about what I am going to wear to work.

I have more spring/summer clothes than I need. My goal this summer is to wear each of my items at least once. I have tons of skirts and dresses and cute tops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty