Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 05:11 PM

375 posts, read 300,187 times

Advertisements

At my workplace last year me and about seven other dudes got together and did a pool for a Triathlon.

What we did....All tossed in $20 and then competed CTO see who could finish a full length Triathlon first. Kept our daily mileages for cycling, swimming and running on a dry erase board. Ironman is..........2.4 Mike swim.......112 Mike bike...And then a 26.2 run.

So I was wondering if anybody here might be I referred in competing in one of these, just for fun of course, no money will change the hands. We would obviously have to rely on the honor system, and this is fine by me. All the winner will get is bragging rights anyway. We could post our daily totals on a thread. We can wait and begin this when it warms up a bit more for our Eastern and northern members, if you like.

Let me know. I'm in.

Comments? Ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 AM

26,219 posts, read 21,742,313 times
Anyone who pulls off a full iron man is a beast. I think I'd die before getting out of the water.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Anyone who pulls off a full iron man is a beast. I think I'd die before getting out of the water.
Indeed. But I'm talking about us all taking days to do this. Or maybe even a couple weeks. We have a few self proclaimed fitness here so I want to see if they can put into play what the pontificate on. I always say the proof is in the pudding. I'm ready to go. And I will abide by the honor system. I can't believe more guys haven't expressed interest in this. What with that What did you do today thread that's always popular.
Surely CD isn't a nation of wussies, is it? Alligator mouths and hummingbird asses?

Consider the gauntlet thrown, gentlemen.

Where's that ultra marathoner dude? The one who corrected me on my nutrition habits? Let's go!!!

Old 02-25-2017, 06:46 PM

26,219 posts, read 21,742,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
Indeed. But I'm talking about us all taking days to do this. Or maybe even a couple weeks. We have a few self proclaimed fitness here so I want to see if they can put into play what the pontificate on. I always say the proof is in the pudding. I'm ready to go. And I will abide by the honor system. I can't believe more guys haven't expressed interest in this. What with that What did you do today thread that's always popular.
Surely CD isn't a nation of wussies, is it? Alligator mouths and hummingbird asses?

Consider the gauntlet thrown, gentlemen.

Where's that ultra marathoner dude? The one who corrected me on my nutrition habits? Let's go!!!

I guess your memory is poor because that was me that gave you solid nutritional advice and I ran an ultra marathon as well

Old 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,599,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post

Quote:
I guess your memory is poor because that was me that gave you solid nutritional advice and I ran an ultra marathon as well

You two are a riot.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:28 AM

14,585 posts, read 23,160,728 times
Not something I would have any interest in, but there are a couple here who might go for it.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,844,733 times
Quote:
This. I'd consider it other than the swimming (and probably the cost of a bike would be another road block).

Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,596,258 times
Except for the swim, we wouldn't necessarily have to be on the honor system. Your Fitbit can track your miles and your GPS program on your phone or anything else can track your bike ride.

Post screenshot.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Except for the swim, we wouldn't necessarily have to be on the honor system. Your Fitbit can track your miles and your GPS program on your phone or anything else can track your bike ride.

Post screenshot.
Sure, we could do this, with our fitbits. But I'm willing to accept your guys word for what you did each day. What kind of jerk would lie? Anyway, I you guys just want to see how long it takes us to do, say, 100 miles, we could do that. It would take me probably right to ten days. I work during the week. We could begin the contest on a Saturday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness