Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Remainers keep the European citizenship?
YES 7 13.73%
NO 36 70.59%
Don't know/care 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:30 AM

11 posts, read 16,239 times

Advertisements

Leaving this useless club is the BEST thing that Britain will do. We cannot allow Brussels to make all our laws and decide what we can and can't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 02:51 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,268,796 times
The UK has voted to leave the EU, so its citizens will stop been EU citizens... that's all.
Will the American people who did not vote for Trump will have Hillary Clinton as president?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:52 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,737,329 times
No, please respect the referendum and get the f8ck out of EU. Everyone is sick of hearing the word Brexit again.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:31 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,028,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twang53 View Post
Leaving this useless club is the BEST thing that Britain will do. We cannot allow Brussels to make all our laws and decide what we can and can't do.
This. I'm jealous though, the scammers that run the eu will never allow smaller countries to leave, unless we go full North Korea-style.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:18 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,934,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Except the rather educated ones, lol.
I am dealing with some Brits at work now, 3 of them all in management positions, who recently applied for dual citizenship to stay in Germany. What a loss of human capital for the UK. But they decided, and they have to live with the consequences.
They are already in Germany so that human capital is gone. However, there are plenty of EU citizens rushing to get permanent residency in the UK so it cuts both ways.

But your post is symptomatic of the arrogance of the 'entitlement generation' and its lack of respect not just for a democratic vote but for people who voted differently to them.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:20 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,934,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
This. I'm jealous though, the scammers that run the eu will never allow smaller countries to leave, unless we go full North Korea-style.
Next steps for the EU will be tax 'harmonisation' which will be aimed at countries like Ireland and Luxembourg.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
They are already in Germany so that human capital is gone. However, there are plenty of EU citizens rushing to get permanent residency in the UK so it cuts both ways.

But your post is symptomatic of the arrogance of the 'entitlement generation' and its lack of respect not just for a democratic vote but for people who voted differently to them.
It's called 'selection bias': https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

He is judging the Brits by the Brits he sees in Germany, the Romanians by the Romanians he sees in Gerrmany and so on, but never questions the actual % from the whole population. I mean if I visit concert of Guns 'n Roses and count 10,000 people there it doesn't mean everyone listens to Guns n Roses these days just because I saw 10,000 people one after another who did...at a single place.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:24 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,476,238 times
No. That's like saying people who voted for Hillary Clinton should have her as president anyway.

I really don't get the hard-on people have for the EU. It's past it's prime already.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:34 AM

985 posts, read 1,855,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twang53 View Post
Useless club?

I drove to Spain this summer for my holidays.
- No stopping at the borders. No waiting time, no irrelevant questions by customs officers.
- Same currency used within all 3 countries. No need to go to the bank or to constantly convert prices in your head.
- No need to worry about internet or mobile phone charges, since mid June they are the same as at home.

For me the EU makes perfect sense.

Your statement that Brussels makes or wants to make all your laws shows your ignorance and reliance on the British media. The EU only decides on a small number of issues. Most citizens of the 27 other countries do not feel threatened by the EU - we don't have a Murdoch press.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
Useless club?

I drove to Spain this summer for my holidays.
- No stopping at the borders. No waiting time, no irrelevant questions by customs officers.
- Same currency used within all 3 countries. No need to go to the bank or to constantly convert prices in your head.
- No need to worry about internet or mobile phone charges, since mid June they are the same as at home.

For me the EU makes perfect sense.

Your statement that Brussels makes or wants to make all your laws shows your ignorance and reliance on the British media. The EU only decides on a small number of issues. Most citizens of the 27 other countries do not feel threatened by the EU - we don't have a Murdoch press.
Deutsche Welle make Fox news, RT, DM look rational...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe