Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 03:18 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times

Advertisements

“Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,”

The Bomber as School Reformer
The press—and debate moderators—shouldn’t let Bill Ayers and Barack Obama off the hook.

Back in the early eighties, in an interview with David Horowitz and Peter Collier,
Bill Ayers remembered his reaction upon learning that he would not be prosecuted by the government for his bombing spree as a member of the Weather Underground.

“Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,” he exulted.
Ayers is now a university professor, but he must have been exulting all over again after reading Saturday’s front-page story in the New York Times.

The article explored the putative relationship between Ayers and Barack Obama during the time they worked together on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a five-year philanthropic venture that, starting in 1995, distributed over $160 million in school-improvement grants to the Windy City’s public schools.

The Bomber as School Reformer by Sol Stern, City Journal 6 October 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The press—and debate moderators—shouldn’t let Bill Ayers and Barack Obama off the hook.
They will though, because the press & debate moderators are all Nobama supporters for the most part. I agree when people say journalism is dead, this is the most biased election I've ever seen.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:23 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,006 times
bias or the truth hurts, not everybody is stupid and moronic like some idiots to pin guilt by association, but go ahead and blame the media, the moderators, the internet itself if it makes the stupidity easier to digest.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Maybe the media is trying to link Obama to Kevin Bacon.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times
Well I am glad John McCain put his foot down and told his followers that there is NOTHING to fear from an Obama presidency.... too bad some are still ignoring him, which is a disgrace to his good name and reputation... people who go on and try to spread fear should be ashamed of themselves!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:30 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,308,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
“Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,”

The Bomber as School Reformer

Back in the early eighties, in an interview with David Horowitz and Peter Collier,
Bill Ayers remembered his reaction upon learning that he would not be prosecuted by the government for his bombing spree as a member of the Weather Underground.
“Guilty as hell, free as a bird—America is a great country,” he exulted.
Ayers is now a university professor, but he must have been exulting all over again after reading Saturday’s front-page story in the New York Times.

The article explored the putative relationship between Ayers and Barack Obama during the time they worked together on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a five-year philanthropic venture that, starting in 1995, distributed over $160 million in school-improvement grants to the Windy City’s public schools.

The Bomber as School Reformer by Sol Stern, City Journal 6 October 2008
Quit with the hysterics and get over it. Deal with REAL issues that's affecting your country and farting it over to the rest of the world.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Quit with the hysterics and get over it. Deal with REAL issues that's affecting your country and farting it over to the rest of the world.
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason that gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,015,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I wish people would start listening to Senator McCain! If anyone should know Obama it would be him, he has known him and worked with him for years! I don't know anyone on CD that has personally known and worked with Senator Obama for years!

Old 10-12-2008, 03:34 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
They will though, because the press & debate moderators are all Nobama supporters for the most part. I agree when people say journalism is dead, this is the most biased election I've ever seen.
Sort of reminds me of, "The Emperor's New Clothes."

Old 10-12-2008, 03:37 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Well I am glad John McCain put his foot down and told his followers that there is NOTHING to fear from an Obama presidency.... too bad some are still ignoring him, which is a disgrace to his good name and reputation... people who go on and try to spread fear should be ashamed of themselves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections