Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 04:15 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope, but assuming that you actually believe this then you are OK with "Super Predator", Deplorables, and Basement Dwellers?

Not even a nice try. You know Hillary only holds contempt for the average American.
Clinton called a HALF of Trump supporters as being deplorable because they are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic." She said the other half are frustrated with the state of the government and society.

So unless you are a "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic", Clinton wasn't referring to you. But if you think she was, perhaps there is a reason in your mind. I don't know. . . .

Her actual quote to follow:

Quote:
"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

"But the other basket, the other basket, and I know because I see friends from all over America here. I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas, as well as you know New York and California. But that other basket of people who are people who feel that government has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they are just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."
Her "half" is obviously not exact -- no one has done that kind of survey of Trump supporters. It might be 10%. Or 35%. Or 66%. Who knows, but there is absolutely no denying that there is a significant number of such deplorable people supporting Trump. Exhibit A: David Duke. Exhibit B: every other white supremacists besides Duke.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 04:17 PM

1,050 posts, read 699,262 times
She does what is politically expedient

Old 10-04-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Clinton called a HALF of Trump supporters as being deplorable because they are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic." She said the other half are frustrated with the state of the government and society.

So unless you are a "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic", Clinton wasn't referring to you. But if you think she was, perhaps there is a reason in your mind. I don't know. . . .

Her "half" is obviously not exact -- no one has done that kind of survey of Trump supporters. It might be 10%. Or 35%. Or 66%. Who knows, but there is absolutely no denying that there is a significant number of such deplorable people supporting Trump. Exhibit A: David Duke. Exhibit B: every other white supremacists besides Duke.

Mick
But of course, she would never label her supporters right? I doubt they're all sinless souls

Also, by denigrating Trump's supporters, her speech incites her supporters to attack them, so in the end her words are causing harm--and politicians, especially experienced ones like Clinton know the power of words

Those people who support her and physically attack a political opponent behave like ideological bigots and thugs, but she'll never address them as such will she

Old 10-04-2016, 04:22 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I haven't heard the one about blacks being super predictors that is interesting.
Was it predictors or predators?

How to verify these?

Old 10-04-2016, 04:23 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,616,276 times
I am not a racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, or Islamophobic.
I support Trump.
He was not my first choice, but it's him against her, and I'll take him ANYDAY...
Over a liar, person responsible for the deaths of men in Benghazi - who lied about it more times than she told the truth -
a person who hasn't had a real job - who's never created a business...
I'll take a non-Politian over her ANYDAY... ALLDAY...

Old 10-04-2016, 05:44 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:

Mick
It's a very difficult concept for them to understand; has been explained a few times here.

Old 10-04-2016, 05:48 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,475,111 times
Quote:
So via leaked emails, and direct from the horse's mouth, Hillary sums up America.
Not the first time you came running to this message board half-cocked with false information. Remember the time when you posted that Trump leads in early voting here in FLORIDA?

That was a hoot since we don't start early voting for several days.

Why oh why didn't you learn from that experience?

Old 10-04-2016, 06:38 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,383 times
Quote:
So via leaked emails, and direct from the horse's mouth, Hillary sums up America.
  • Working Class America - Deplorables.
  • Bernie Sanders Supporters - Frustrated Basement Dwellers
  • Black Males - Super Predictors ("bring them to heel")
  • Latinos - Taco Bowl Outreach
Doesn't sound like she believes much in "Stronger Together"

Clinton doesn't think that working class America is full of "deplorables." People who believe anything the cult leader Trump says, who follow him like the Pied Piper, who parrot his violent language, who stew in conspiracy theories and absolutely thrive on hate, even accusing their fellow Americans who happen to disagree with them of "hating America." Those are the people she called "deplorables." Those are the people, of any class, that anyone with the least bit of decency and patriotism would also call "deplorable." Nowhere did she ever say anything negative about America's working class.

Neither did she call anyone "basement dwellers." What she really said, in essence, was that the middle class college graduate had to move back home because of student debt and the lack of jobs: Did Hillary Insult Sanderistas as But would you care to provide evidence otherwise?

As for "taco bowl outreach": The DNC's Taco Bowl Engagement/Outreach | Fact and Myth

Nor did she call all Black males "super predators": Did Hillary Clinton call African-American youth 'superpredators?' | PolitiFact

Be a grown up and check your sources. Otherwise, you're just looking to spread the hate around, flailing for whatever loony-tune source you can find.

Old 10-04-2016, 07:00 PM

It wasn't a helpful choice of words for her to use

Old 10-04-2016, 07:14 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,018,893 times
Quote:
Except that you don't realize that "taco bowl outreach" was a mocking reference to Trump's "Taco bowl, I love Hispanics!!" tweet that went out the day before.

But you are in denial, so carry on.

Mick

Nope. There was no need to call it a "taco bowl engagement". No. Need. At. All. It was a feeble attempt at being funny but it failed miserably.

Trump ate a taco bowl on Cinco de Mayo---so what? Lots of people also did so. Does that offend you? It didn't offend me.

However, referring to meeting up with Hispanics as a "taco bowl engagement" was, indeed, offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections