Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 02:33 PM

416 posts, read 261,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I think it is 1953 not 1928, but it is time for some new blood!
That's what i thought too t2y, but turns out Nixon was Ike's VP both terms.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:39 PM

16,248 posts, read 10,962,558 times
The GOP has been dead for some time as evidenced by the obstructionism and lack of modern alternative thinking. They still get elected but simply occupy the seat. That will probably continue until demographics change the electorate where they still have uninformrd and gullible saps voting for them and against their children and the country. I've seen nothing new or positive from the GOP in years. They offer 19th century solutions to 21st century problems.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:40 PM

15,696 posts, read 10,491,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
That's what i thought too t2y, but turns out Nixon was Ike's VP both terms.
Ike was elected in 1953, Nixon was his VP, for the first time and served until 1961. 1953 is no where near 1928.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:42 PM

31,391 posts, read 22,385,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Trump will not see 270. It ain't happening.
Like I said, another Terrorist attack, either by Islamist or affiliated with BLM, especially right before the election, and Trump wins.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:43 PM

16,248 posts, read 10,962,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Like I said, another Terrorist attack, either by Islamist or affiliated with BLM, especially right before the election, and Trump wins.
The terrorists win.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Makes you wonder who is really behind it all eh?

Winning at any cost.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:52 PM

9,920 posts, read 7,794,144 times
There will not be a Republican POTUS until one Republican wins the nomination and has a specific stance on two issues. Neutrality on LGBT rights and Abortion; will not favor any federal or state legislation restrictions LGBT rights & making abortion illegal.

Now to sweeten the pot if a Republican stepped up with those issues in addition to: Doing away with the income tax; state based health insurance market; abolishing the death penalty; against eminent domain; Eliminating trade deals and tarrifs on imported goods; flat corporate tax; national sales tax; doing away of the ETIC; Federal welfare reform; ciminal justice reform; ending war on drugs; legalizing marijuana; mental health reform, veteran's care reform; for liveable wages determined by the State; supporter of Federalism and for States to have more power;push for greener more sustainable energy; leas policing on world affairs work more with UN; immigration reform via policies that offer more services to citizens and encourage individuals to become citizens.; doing away of the EEO/Affirmitive Action; doing away with Common Core; against state or federal benefits for Prisoners; doing away with Medicare replacing it with universal healthcare for seniors; for political campaign reform no funds from goverment or corporations to pay for political campaigns; pro Glass-Steagall Act; for privitizing social security and privitizing/doing away with federal government agencies; for putting prisons in state control with federal government oversight.

Last edited by RunD1987; 07-18-2016 at 03:06 PM..

Old 07-18-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
There will not be a Republican POTUS until one Republican wins the nomination and has a specific stance on two issues. Neutrality on LGBT rights and Abortion; will not favor any federal or state legislation restrictions LGBT rights & making abortion illegal.

Now to sweeten the pot if a Republican stepped up with those issues in addition to: Doing away with the income tax; state based health insurance market; abolishing the death penalty; against eminent domain; Eliminating trade deals and tarrifs on imported goods; flat corporate tax; national sales tax; doing away of the ETIC; Federal welfare reform; ciminal justice reform; ending war on drugs; legalizing marijuana; mental health reform, veteran's care reform; for liveable wages determined by the State; supporter of Federalism and for States to have more power;push for greener more sustainable energy; leas policing on world affairs work more with UN; immigration reform via policies that offer more services to citizens and encourage individuals to become citizens.; doing away of the EEO/Affirmitive Action; doing away with Common Core; against state or federal benefits for Prisoners; doing away with Medicare replacing it with universal healthcare for seniors; for political campaign reform no funds from goverment or corporations to pay for political campaigns; pro Glass-Steagall Act.
Don't hold your breath RD.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:10 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,147,389 times
I think so, I am hearing reports that entire delegations (Iowa and Colorado) are walking out of the convention. This sounds like 1912 all over again.

Oh well, I will go join the Libertarians until the GOP becomes sane again. They'll spend some time in the wilderness and come out sounding like adults with 21st century solutions to 21st century problems.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:13 PM

21,992 posts, read 15,799,232 times
The Republican Party is not dead, it has simply morphed into something very very ugly. Or they just tore the masks off, either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections