Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,484,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
His policy on getting Mexico to pay for the wall is very descriptive. the wall itself would create a flurry of investments in real-estate and beyond as the wall will become something of an attraction do to it's physical appearance and grandness.

-Good that we agree on that

-I meant Russia, not saying I like them on everything but I would rather avoid WWIII by NOT shooting down one of their planes unlike the war criminals Clinton, Fiorina, Christie, and more who want to place no fly zones over Syria.

-Free Trade Agreement are mainly decided by DC politicians, and said politicians being owned by big corporations want to destroy the American Middle class and the middle class of all other countries involved for extra profit, that is the problem.

-
no one has quoted my main arguments yet only complaining about his personality, here it is for those who missed it

Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,372,362 times
Quote:
can some one please refute my arguments about the economic benefits of the wall, no ground troops, more foreign alliances rather than enemies, no Free trade agreements written by foreign corporations, and much more.

Enough complaining and give me something instead of petty insults, anything would help
Islam is the largest religion in the world.

How does Trump expect to forge international allies with predominantly Islamic nations after the things he's said about Muslims here in the US?

Also, it's hard to refute his policies when he only has opinions on 5. I just checked his website. Literally... he only addresses FIVE issues.

If anything that shows you quite clearly that this guy has no real intention of running for president.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:07 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,484,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Islam is the largest religion in the world.

How does Trump expect to forge international allies with predominantly Islamic nations after the things he's said about Muslims here in the US?

Also, it's hard to refute his policies when he only has opinions on 5. I just checked his website. Literally... he only addresses FIVE issues.

If anything that shows you quite clearly that this guy has no real intention of running for president.
most Muslim countries from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia don't have any real interests of helping American interests.

now please respond to my main arguments posted above

Old 12-31-2015, 06:12 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,998,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
From the same brain trust that said Obama was the Answer. He needs a clown nose (NYDN), his announcement day is his most popular (NPR), etc.

Among other forms of proof, one only needs to consider Trump has been too honest about his views to too many people--lost business in Scotland, in New York, and elsewhere--not to be serious about it.

Where does the left come up with these hairbrained rationalizations for the human condition? All progressives do is conspiracy theorize about the most inane of motivations, when they're not passing gas on Salon.com about "paid posters."

Progressives actually think anyone would listen to their opinions on politics today, after the steaming pile of dog cr- they handed the nation in 2008.

Last edited by mm4; 12-31-2015 at 06:25 PM..

Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,433,668 times
Quote:
no one has quoted my main arguments yet only complaining about his personality, here it is for those who missed it
Your so-called arguments are collections of words that don't really make sense but sound good. Reminds me of a trump stump speech. The idea of the wall as a spur to real estate development is the perfect illustration of the mental capacity of trump supporters. Thank you for that.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:37 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,585,246 times
Quote:
I didn't quote you but your main argument about the wall is a massive fail here in Texas. Eminent domain, shifting Rio Grande boundary, eminent domain, unstable sandy soil that won't support barbed wire fence posts much less a grand Trump wall, eminent domain, lack of infrastructure to support the construction, eminent domain, ranchers who have owned the land for generations, eminent domain.
See, I didn't say one word about personality. Eminent domain.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:38 PM

934 posts, read 597,973 times
I support and oppose him for the same reason

I support him for the GOP nominee because hes a circus clown

I oppose him in the general election because hes a circus clown

Trump is the biggest clown in a clown car

Old 12-31-2015, 06:40 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,953,272 times
Mainly, I dislike Trump because he is a loudmouth with zero class. How could I support a man who thinks the way to make himself look good is by making everyone else look bad ? Trump has one talent, and that is making money. That does not relate into automatically making him a man who is capable of running the most powerful country in the world.

Nope, he is simply a bully and clown.........at best he is entertaining.

Don

Old 12-31-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
most Muslim countries from Pakistan to Saudi Arabia don't have any real interests of helping American interests.

now please respond to my main arguments posted above
So wait... your response to the whole Muslim thing is it doesn't matter because they don't matter?

If I did respond to your posts above what guarantees do I have that you'll provide intelligent responses? Thus far your response on the whole Islam issue is a joke.

Well, I'll respond to what he's got on his site. I actually like the minimal information he provides for a new tax code. It would cut my effective tax rate personally and it would prevent the likes of Mitt Romney and the other uber wealthy in this nation from getting away with paying a lower effective tax rate than the middle class. However, I'd like to see someone who is actually fairly educated on tax laws and the current tax rates break it down and see if it is legitimately feasible. Someone who is unbiased and has no ties to Trump or his opposition.

The wall is a ridiculous and pointless idea that would waste money on our side. As someone already brought up - it would require the implementation of eminent domain and how many years do you think it would take to get the land necessary to build a wall? And as we've seen multiple times before, build a wall and they build a tunnel. Absolutely useless and a complete waste of time. However, I also believe in amnesty as long as the immigrant doesn't have a criminal record. His 3 million arrest claim was debunked awhile ago and is complete BS. Not only that but right now while we aren't best friends with Mexico, the relationship isn't bad. If we do the things he suggests we will anger them and cut off any cooperation we've had with them prior to now. We now have an enemy at our southern border and frankly if I were part of a terrorist organization I'd be recruiting and moving people there like crazy.

Are you prepared to pay the difference for the China plan? American goods won't come cheap. And China doesn't use financial blackmail against us. That country has a heap of economic issues of it's own.

I'm ok with his Veteran's plan.

I'm a gun owner. I own multiple firearms as does my husband. That being said, the current gun laws don't work and I don't see anything on his second amendment page that would solve the problem. Fact is that nations that don't allow free access to firearms don't experience the same level of mass shootings and murders that we do. I think we need to have insanely stringent firearm laws restricting access and insuring that storage of firearms is secure. No more selling firearms at gun shows, no more private sales. If you have a firearm and want to sell it, you need to go through a FFL. Cap the fees allowed by an FFL so that private sales are not hindered by numerous charges or fees. You want to buy firearms? Awesome, you need to have a fireproof gun safe or a fingerprint/finger safe for a handgun. Don't have one? Can't have that gun, sorry. I will say I think the laws on silencers are ludicrous. Silencers don't make a firearm silent, it merely reduces the noise level so that you don't necessarily need hearing protection. There's no reason to make them so difficult to obtain.

Old 12-31-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
From the same brain trust that said Obama was the Answer. He needs a clown nose (NYDN), his announcement day is his most popular (NPR), etc.

Among other forms of proof, one only needs to consider Trump has been too honest about his views to too many people--lost business in Scotland, in New York, and elsewhere--not to be serious about it.

Where does the left come up with these hairbrained rationalizations for the human condition? All progressives do is conspiracy theorize about the most inane of motivations, when they're not passing gas on Salon.com about "paid posters."

Progressives actually think anyone would listen to their opinions on politics today, after the steaming pile of dog cr- they handed the nation in 2008.
I don't consider myself a progressive. Trump likes attention and has more than enough money, losing business is not something that bothers him as long as people are watching him.

This post specifically asked for opinions as to why people don't support Trump. Those opinions have been voiced and now you're whining about it. Maybe if you don't want to know, you shouldn't have opened the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections