Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe WILL get the Democratic nomination for president?
Hillary Clinton 45 45.92%
Barack Obama 43 43.88%
Other 2 2.04%
Don't know and don't care! 8 8.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:00 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,591,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Um, I thought the Obama supporters' argument is that Hillary doesn't really have a lot of experience. And now y'all are saying she has too much?!

Geez, at least I'm consistent about being an "experience" voter, LOL. McCain gets my vote if Obama wins the nomination.
"Obama supporters"....there's an official club? I think people who back Obama come from all sorts of backgrounds and many even differ on our reasoning for backing him. The common thread that binds us is our desire for change.

I want what I perceive to be a real change where the balance of power is taken out of the hands of the same old people. In my opinion, Obama is the best person to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 06:01 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
"Obama supporters"....there's an official club? I think people who back Obama come from all sorts of backgrounds and many even differ on our reasoning for backing him. The common thread that binds us is our desire for change.

I want what I perceive to be a real change where the balance of power is taken out of the hands of the same old people. In my opinion, Obama is the best person to do that.
Sigh.

The "balance of power" will remain in those experienced aides around Obama who will have to pick up the slack because he's way out of his league.

Like Bush.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:12 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,020,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Should I have said people who support Obama? Same thing. I'm not getting the "official club" comment. I said nothing about backgrounds and reasoning. This isn't going to somehow be turned into a racial thing, is it?

Old 01-30-2008, 07:45 PM

8,054 posts, read 10,649,866 times
I hope to God our choices are Romney or Obama.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I hope to God our choices are Romney or Obama.
Great. Flip Flop Mitt and American Idol Obama.

So much for believing in the American electorate!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:04 PM

22,930 posts, read 28,306,592 times
I'm not thrilled with either choice on the Democratic side. I kinda liked Edwards, but he's out. Obama seems like a nice, very smart man. He's a great speaker. I'm just not sure he's ready to be President. Hillary Clinton wants the job too bad. She scares me.

Romney is an empty suit. He's Guy Smiley 3.0. McCain would be an improvement over Bush, but that isn't exactly saying a whole lot.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,020,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Romney is an empty suit. He's Guy Smiley 3.0.
OMG, he DOES look like Guy Smiley, doesn't he?! Hahahahaha

Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,867,959 times
Quote:
Obama seems like a nice, very smart man. He's a great speaker. I'm just not sure he's ready to be President.
Who really is?

I've voted Republican in every election that I've been able to vote in, yet I find myself oddly drawn to Obama, despite disagreeing with him on nearly every issue.
It's not an anti-Bush thing. I think it's a "there isn't nobody else out there" thing.
Hilary is horribly frightening.
Romney... I don't know what it is, but I don't see myself voting for him, unless it's against Hilary in November.
If Ron Paul and his supporters started their own nifty little Libertarian country in central Alaska, I think I would just move there and be a happy little Libertarian along with them.
I just can't see his views working in a SuperDuper Power country. We use oil, and we have to put up with the middle east to get it.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:30 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 607,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Great. Flip Flop Mitt and American Idol Obama.

So much for believing in the American electorate!
I absolutely agree with you. Romney and Obama are bothe empty suits. Obama simply refuses to answer any questions about his record. I cannot wait to watch the debate tonight. He won't have Edwards to save him from himself anymore.

Personally, I don't understand the Obama supporters. He claims to be the candidate of "change", yet he has chosen to align himself with the MOST entrenched person in the Democratic establishment...Ted Kennedy. Yes, the same Ted Kennedy who killed Mary Jo Kopechne in Chappaquidick.

Obama is the candidate of "unity", yet he won't shake Hillary's hand; Obama is the candidate that will "get things done", yet he could not or would not show up for important votes in either the Illinois state Senate or the U.S. Senate. Obama is concerned with "voter disenfranchisement", yet he does not want MI or FL delegates seated.

Given alll the obvious bias in the media, we should be asking ourselves who owns this one-term Senator who has the power to control the media so well. My personal opinion is that that billionaire media-mogul racist, Oprah, is pulling strings behind the scenes.

He has cost himself his entire political future in a race that he never had a chance to win in the first place. I am happy with all the rope they are giving Obama...all the more to hang himself with. It will be a great pleasure watching him crawl back into the hole he came out of when Hillary Clinton gets the nod and offers him NOTHING.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:51 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,480,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
OMG, he DOES look like Guy Smiley, doesn't he?! Hahahahaha
I was thinking he also looks like Mr. Jamison,the boss from Spider Man,lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections