Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 03:51 PM

12 posts, read 43,140 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your reply.... i have to say i like warm weather and we are outdoor ppl lol i was just a little concerned about the schools since i heard so many horror storys bout them....im starting to get realy excited and im sure we will love it there ....scorpions and snake i can handle as long as its not to bad lol....ty for welcoming us to el paso
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM

6 posts, read 11,521 times
I'll throw my 2cents in

Since you have school age children I would recommend living on the Westside. It's right over the mountain from Bliss. The schools are great and personally it is a safer side of town. I have 3 daughters and wouldn't trade the Westside for anything.

Christine~

Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 PM

507 posts, read 1,660,704 times
Bliss Elementary (located on base) isnt bad at all, actually it is one of the better elementary schools in the area. Logan Heights ES is also on base and isnt bad either. If you were to be housed in the North hills area, Nixon ES is alright. Chapin HS is the hisgh school that the post mainly uses. IT is an outstanding school, probably one of the best public schools in the city. The middle Schools are the problem. I believe Basset MS is alright. Nolan Richardson is one of the problem schools, but u only have to worry if housed in the North Hills aream if your children end up going to a high schools other than Chapin, steer clear of Andress.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:37 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,961,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
Bliss Elementary (located on base) isnt bad at all, actually it is one of the better elementary schools in the area. Logan Heights ES is also on base and isnt bad either. If you were to be housed in the North hills area, Nixon ES is alright. Chapin HS is the hisgh school that the post mainly uses. IT is an outstanding school, probably one of the best public schools in the city. The middle Schools are the problem. I believe Basset MS is alright. Nolan Richardson is one of the problem schools, but u only have to worry if housed in the North Hills aream if your children end up going to a high schools other than Chapin, steer clear of Andress.
Whats wrong with Andress? I would be more scared of IRVIN.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:08 AM

507 posts, read 1,660,704 times
yeah i realized that i switched andress and irvin.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:25 AM

254 posts, read 790,540 times
If you're considering west side/upper valley,,the school's are good. Don't send them to Da Vinci. It's like a "reform school". I pulled my child out of that school, biggest mistake.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,936,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastania34 View Post
My husband just came down with orders. We will be moving to el p. first week of july. We have been for the past 18 yrs in upstate ny (ft drum) to be exact and of course i already know weather wise it will be a big adjustment for us. We have 3 children ages 7 9 and 19. Can anyone tell me how el p. is living wise as far as schools, work, crimerate and are there many spiders,scorpions and snakes? I heard a lot of storys bout bliss but i will be open minded about it. Kind of excited to move somewhere totally different and so are my children. Would love any info you can give.
I think you'll like the climate. It's warm, but very dry. What bothers me most is humidity and in EP there is very little of that. I love the mountains around EP; desert scenery is very beautiful in my book. You'll get to eat some of the best food on the planet - Mexican, REAL Mexican food. I'm saying all of this and I've never been to EP but I plan on visiting sometime soon.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:09 PM

12 posts, read 43,140 times
Hello everyone....well we finaly moved to el paso and been here now exactly today 2 month and all i have to say is.....where do all these ppl come up with all those horrostorys about el paso????....omg we love it here and even planning on buying a house here and become el paso resident....kids love it here as well....we moved on northeast side of el paso renting a house due to long long wait for militar housing and im so happy we did that ....this i must say is the best neighborhood i have lifed in ever....its nice and quiett ,, friendly ppl everywhere,, only thing u hear is a dog barking lol,, kids go to barron elementary and they love it....weather wise i think we already got used to it cuz im freezing when it hit below 75 degrees and thats a heatwave for us in ny lol....so overall this move wasnt half as bad as everyone made it sound like it would be...im glad we decided to do it...only thing i hated was driving for 3 days from ny to el paso with 2 young children and the cat in the car lol....well thanks again for all your replys and once more I LOVE IT HERE lol

Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 PM

248 posts, read 627,205 times
like i said, i am so glad you had a good experience, that makes moving so much easier! but for us, el paso was a true horror story.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,395,245 times
Some people should not blame a city for their problems. Problems will follow you wherever you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso