Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

I noticed that the city of El Paso has a new designed website. Looks alot better that the old site and like the picture of the Tram going up the mountain...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 11:42 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
really.. link it.. or do I have to go google it.. =)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. I love the new slogan..

EL PASO TX, You Have No IDEA... thats so true.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
The way I see it, El Paso's website is pretty good. It seems to have everything in order. It's like my city's website (Ft. Worth), it's not spectacular, but it has everything about your city it needs to show....probably.
Not to disrespect E.P. but, what's up with the slogan? El Paso's slogan should be...
"El Paso. Texas' forgoten stepchild"-or- "El Paso. It might as well be in Mexico".
Hey, you gotta admit, it's true.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:06 PM

182 posts, read 708,051 times
Now, now, guys...let's be a bit more upbeat about El Paso.

For example, when tourists come to El Paso to "visit Old Mexico" (as the Chamber of Commerce like to advertise our "good friends to the South") they get to see it twice: Once over there in Juarez and again when they come back to El Paso.

That's TWICE the bang for your tourist buck.

So, where else in America does is get any better than that?

But really, all those people who like Mexico/Mexican culture, they'll love it here.

-- John D.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:16 PM

92 posts, read 445,826 times
I live in little Mexico as it is now, so really, I don't think it will be that much of an adjustment for me. Plus, I'm half Mexican, so I think I'll blend right in...I also just got back from living in Hawaii for the past couple years, and Hawaii is one of the few states where Caucasians are a minority. I am going to stay upbeat about our upcoming move, no matter how many terrible things I read about EP LOL

Old 01-23-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
Now, now, guys...let's be a bit more upbeat about El Paso.

For example, when tourists come to El Paso to "visit Old Mexico" (as the Chamber of Commerce like to advertise our "good friends to the South") they get to see it twice: Once over there in Juarez and again when they come back to El Paso.

That's TWICE the bang for your tourist buck.

Q:So, where else in America does is get any better than that?

But really, all those people who like Mexico/Mexican culture, they'll love it here.

-- John D.
A:And the Answer is.. SAN DIEGO, CA.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:21 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,714,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB1977 View Post
I live in little Mexico as it is now, so really, I don't think it will be that much of an adjustment for me. Plus, I'm half Mexican, so I think I'll blend right in...I also just got back from living in Hawaii for the past couple years, and Hawaii is one of the few states where Caucasians are a minority. I am going to stay upbeat about our upcoming move, no matter how many terrible things I read about EP LOL
Hey, FB1977 -

I am a total gringo, I am originally from the Midwest (for 27 years), am just an average joe (married with a couple of young kids, middle-income job, college degree) who lives in Albuquerque but has visited El Paso approximately 20+ times for family, spending literrally months there. The reason I tell you all of this is that not all people despise El Paso like most posting in this forum do. It is their right and perogative, and indeed El Paso, like all places, does have its bad sides.

However, I personally really enjoy El Paso. I love the weather and sunshine, I enjoy the scenery with the mountains and the palm trees, the people are pretty darn friendly, the pace of life is rather relaxed and laid back, if you like Mexican food you'll be in heaven there, the cost of housing is some of the cheapest in the nation, the crime rate is lower than places like Albuquerque and cities I am used to from the Midwest, there is no personal income tax, etc.

While I understand others here are anti-EP and that is their perogative, I know of plenty of folks like myself of various ethnicities who highly enjoy El Paso. I think you'll end up being surprised on how much you may like it!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 AM

19 posts, read 137,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The way I see it, El Paso's website is pretty good. It seems to have everything in order. It's like my city's website (Ft. Worth), it's not spectacular, but it has everything about your city it needs to show....probably.
Not to disrespect E.P. but, what's up with the slogan? El Paso's slogan should be...
"El Paso. Texas' forgoten stepchild"-or- "El Paso. It might as well be in Mexico".
I have an idea for a slogan for Ft.Worth, "Ft. Worth : There's more to us then what you see on COPS!"

Or how about "Ft. Worth: More COPS episodes were filmed here then any other city combined!"

Old 02-02-2007, 03:38 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times
Heres one for southern New Mexico ''god before i die let me see one last time my beloved Sacramento Mountains''. (Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, La Luz canyon, High Rolls, Pinion, Timberon, Capitan, Lincoln, Sunspot, Haines Vista).... Yeah thats the ticket...

Old 02-03-2007, 12:26 AM

LA LUZ canyon, never been there, but now I am curious about it.. this is like the 3rd post you mention it.. humm may have to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso