Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 06:05 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,280,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFaaron View Post
i disagree. have you ever been up in the deep part of the mountains on the west side? Theres little neihborhoods in the mountain crests with massive mansions that are georgous! The most beautifull houses and landscapes can be seen on the west side. Poeple out there actually care what the area looks like.

Although the northeast is starting to look like the west side these days. At least is was like that the last time i was in El Paso.... 4 years ago
If you think it's gorgeous now, you should have seen it when it was just a mountain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 9,315 times
Can anybody tell me if Horizon City is a good locations????

Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,961,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tneismith View Post
I few years ago, I would of said avoid it.. but I was out there recently and it has boomed! lots of new buildings and homes and business, and growth! Heck even new schools.. it also looked clean and quiet.. I would think it would be a great place to live now.

EDIT: Note that East El Paso, is closing in on Horizon pretty quick though, pretty soon you wont be able to tell the difference between the two.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:40 PM

879 posts, read 3,038,500 times
I agree with Muhnay, it is growing really fast. I went there not too long ago and there were some really nice new areas..that just sprouted up recently. I also saw many new businesses popping up in the area.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM

15 posts, read 53,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tneismith View Post
i lived in horizon for about 2 years before i left. They're building nice houses and shopping there. However, it was way too noisy for me.

When i lived in the inner east side of el paso it was quiet and nice. Horizon for some reason mixes the 200-300k homes with the 70-80k homes, and for that reason you hear damn marriachi music all damn day and night from the lower income homes.

That drove me kinda nuts for the most part. However there were some VERY nice areas there where that wasnt a problem at all. Horizon has some very nice upperclass areas

Old 08-11-2008, 07:30 PM

11 posts, read 24,346 times
Well...I will start by saying I am biased when it comes to weather and greenery. I came from a midwest state, and I can tell you it is NOTHING like that. It is a desert, so please listen to those that say it is hot and dry. Not much humidity, but the sun can still cook ya! Gardening is almost non-existant unless you zenoscape or have a ridiculous water bill. The winters are very mild and for the most part nice, but if you are a snow bunny than this is not the place for you. My husband and I are relocating our family soon because I can handle 15 inches of snow over 15 inches of sand any day!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoronado View Post
Well...I will start by saying I am biased when it comes to weather and greenery. I came from a midwest state, and I can tell you it is NOTHING like that. It is a desert, so please listen to those that say it is hot and dry. Not much humidity, but the sun can still cook ya! Gardening is almost non-existant unless you zenoscape or have a ridiculous water bill. The winters are very mild and for the most part nice, but if you are a snow bunny than this is not the place for you. My husband and I are relocating our family soon because I can handle 15 inches of snow over 15 inches of sand any day!
Well I'm also from the Midwest and in my opinion you almost can't beat the weather here. You can garden here, it's just not the same as in the Midwest and you don't have to wait until June to start. The Mesilla Valley in fact is one of the most fertile farmlands there are. For example, in the Midwest you might get two cuttings of hay, here it would be more like six.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:23 PM

83 posts, read 425,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoronado View Post
Does the sand really blow around like that a lot, or is it seasonal?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 AM

200 posts, read 610,652 times
Oh goodness...yes!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,636,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepedemaz View Post
Does the sand really blow around like that a lot, or is it seasonal?
It's seasonal....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso