Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Comparing Tucson to El Paso, seeking information on how they differ, cost of living, housing prices, climate, social and entertainment options

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:42 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,647,152 times

Advertisements

Hey we got a dusting up here as the ground has a light cover of Snow. Any in El Paso or Alamogordo ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,968,601 times
Nope.. It does not snow in Hell Paso, silly tall person.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Hell Paso,
Man you better hope the moderator doesn't catch that.......lol......

Old 03-03-2008, 06:06 AM

you mean the Tall person part.. bwhahaha. =) No I expect EnjoyEP to change it to Heaven Paso. lol

I was wrong Harry.. There is a small amount of the white stuff on the mountain.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I am planning next week after I vote.. =) to head to Corpus again.. on the way I will stop off in San Angelo and take a few pictures and check it out.. then head on down to Corpus for a couple days to see friends and see whats changed. Besides I got a nice job offer to work out there again.. so I am gonna go check it out. I'll let you know what its like Harry.

If you go have a safe trip out there and back. Hope you can take some Pics (Padre Island etc..) If you go thru San Antonio to go to Corpus then give us your thoughts on it good or bad. I believe they still have a Navy base out in Corpus correct......

Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 AM

Well I am not sure. The last time I was out there they were closing it as part of the BRAC realignment. Even spoke to a few of my friends who were there said the entire base was being moved to California. But then I have also heard though rumor, that it's mission changed and the base will stay.

Story: Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.COM |Naval Station Ingleside on base closure list (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?s=3340195 - broken link)
Official: Naval Station Ingleside, Ingleside TX
Final?:[CPEO-IRF] Ingleside Navy Base (TX) closing date

Its sad really, It was a very pretty naval base.

naval base loc: Corpus Christi, TX - Google Maps

I wonder what will happen to the Depot.. I worked there for a time on Black Hawks.

Edit: I will take some pictures for you.. as for San Antonio I have lived there, and have a sister in law there.. Its a nice place to visit, but I would not want to live there again. Its a nice place don't get me wrong.. its just not really a place I would enjoy living.

EDIT 2: Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.COM |NavSta Ingleside will be returned to port at no cost (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4262609 - broken link) is a story of what may happen with Ingleside. It could be a ship yard to build ships, or even a new place for Cruise Ships to dock and set sail for far off ports?

Last edited by Muhnay; 03-03-2008 at 07:02 AM..

Old 03-03-2008, 07:48 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,891,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Hey we got a dusting up here as the ground has a light cover of Snow. Any in El Paso or Alamogordo ??
NO. But we did have a cold front move in to cool things off a little bit......thank goodness the rest of the week will be pleasant 50s-60s during the day!!

It was a very crisp 30 degrees when I took my trash out this am.....

Old 03-03-2008, 08:59 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,722,661 times
Quote:
you mean the Tall person part.. bwhahaha. =) No I expect EnjoyEP to change it to Heaven Paso. lol
Now Muhnay, my guy...

How many posts of yours have I edited / moderated in my time here as an official "mod"??? If you answer is a grand total of ZERO, you'd be correct!!!

The one thing I wish to instill on all posters here (and I know that you already know this Muhnay), is that me, or any of the other mods, could give a rat's backtail-side what your opinions are, or anything of the above, of El Paso or anywhere else. AS LONG AS you a. follow the forum's TOS, and b. don't get personally attacking / negative / mean, etc., then I could care less what opinions are.

I know you were just jesting Muhnay and that is fine...we've got that built up between us. But I just want others to know that, you could have as much of an opinion about El Paso as you'd like about anything...just don't make it personal attack or slander, and your opinion is 100% respected and left alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso