Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM

12 posts, read 27,745 times

Advertisements

Does anyone heard about Dowell Elementary? It's by the Northeast. I went there as a kid. They said that a girl died there.From what I remember is seeing a girl in all white going through the playground slide but never came out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,683 times
As someone who has been inside the House on Rose Lane Circle I can tell you that it was probably one of the creepiest experiences of my life! Though I can't say that I noticed anything "paranormal" being there, my friend who went with me said that on certain days you could see a dozen or so "black rabbit-like creatures" running around the premises, which is odd, since I've never seen a black rabbit in my life. Solitary brown jackrabbits, yes. But shadowy black rabbits running around in groups, no. Either way I really can't verify what she said since I never saw them myself. All I know that that I could never get the image of that dark and frightening basement out of my mind. I've been deep inside Carlsbad Caverns and have had them turn off the lights there and it still was not as dark as the inside of that basement! It was as if my peripheral vision went out and the only thing I could see were the stairs leading back up. The second floor was also very spooky, especially since the stairs turned sharply and there were blind spots leading you up and down. I do vaguely remember seeing a drawing of a scary clown, though I do remember hundreds of drawings and signatures throughout the upstairs area. Apparently it was a very popular place. There were even times when we would see other kids walking around the house before us. The neighbors hated that so many people would trespass onto that property and had once even flashed their flashlights at us and told us to get out and that they had already called the police. I remember going back in 2008 and seeing that the house had been demolished. Apparently the owner did not have the building up to code and failed to respond to requests by the city council to fix it up. Hence, it got demolished. Here's a copy of the action along with a view of the second floor of the building (that inner barbed-wire fence was not there when I had gone there).

http://www.ci.el-paso.tx.us/developm...%205-28-08.pdf

I'm also curious to know if someone knows anything about The Crow House on Mundy. It's located across the street from Vilas Elem. (which I also hear is haunted) in the historical Sunset Heights District.

Also, does anyone know the exact address of the Angel Tree in the Upper Valley? I would like to know more about it, thanks.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:14 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,831,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymetal26 View Post
Does anyone heard about Dowell Elementary? It's by the Northeast. I went there as a kid. They said that a girl died there.From what I remember is seeing a girl in all white going through the playground slide but never came out.
I never saw or heard of that before. I went to Dowell in the Seventies, and I remember two teenage girls getting attacked in the breezeway, in (I think) 1975, by two guys they were walking home from Northgate Center with in the wee hours, but I don't remember if either of the girls died. That must have been after my time.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 AM

Probaly but I remember in the bathroom in 3rd and 5th grade hallway. I remember hearing footsteps when there was nobody there. I also heard the exact same story from the P.E. coach at that time too.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 7,878 times
does anybody know any storys about hanks high school

Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM

i would like to go to a hunted house in el paso

Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM

hey were is that show me

Old 06-29-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Probaly but I remember in the bathroom in 3rd and 5th grade hallway. I remember hearing footsteps when there was nobody there. I also heard the exact same story from the P.E. coach at that time too.

When did you go to Dowell?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 PM

About in the early through mid 90's

Old 07-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
About in the early through mid 90's
For me it was the late Sixties to late Seventies. Dowell was a K-8 school in my time; most of EPISD's schools below the high school level were that way once. Now it's just MacArthur and Dowell is a PK-5 school that graduates into Terrace Hills.

Yeah, no wonder I've never heard that story. Interesting.

You said the 3rd-to-5th-grade hallway. I remember four classroom wings: one in the same hallway as the office, nurse's office and counseling center going left off the lobby; two more going left off the breezeway; and then another going right off the breezeway by the Orleans side of the campus beyond the cafeteria. Which one are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso