Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 3,605 times

Advertisements

Thanks,really helpful i live in the city now,will be checking on taxes asap;to see if any owned.I think land out their will be selling fast soon,just because the economic situation in the U.S. I'm still will have to work;and communted to El Paso,or Van Horn.But living in the city now is a fight to stay alive.Will be building large size home,come one come all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM

10 posts, read 26,290 times
There is a great website for information about west Texas land. Lot's of information for residents and land owners. Plus a community forum.

http://cornudastexas.us

Old 02-09-2012, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,994 times
Default Dup pictures ?

These are the same pictures used on the Sunset Ranches web site....I guess these are the only nice pictures of the entire area !!

Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,345,684 times
My recommendation to buying any land in west Texas (including the Panhandle) is to make sure it is in a county that has some people and a tax base. Texas property taxes are set by county taxing authorities with only recommendations from Austin. Taxes are high but without a tax base like a city or large town in the county where you plan to buy, your property taxes can be outrageous.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM

124 posts, read 283,695 times
You got questions? We got answers - come visit us at cornudastexas.us
Almost everyone there owns land in Cornudas area, whether its in Cornudas (home of May's ) in Sunset ranches or Antelope acres or like myself - up near Dell City near Sparks Ranch.
There is sections and threads on just about every question you have and quite possibly a few you haven't though of yet!
Steve

Old 12-23-2012, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
That was an honest appraisal Mr. Penny.
I am looking at the Dell City area myself, but I already have a pretty good idea of what I'll find there, mostly dry arid land with a few large irrigated farms in the area around town, but I am retired now and I want a place that is secluded and mostly quiet where I can build myself a small house and commune with nature, plus I have several cats that would like to roam a little, so I'll just have to set up some bolt holes and hideouts for them before I begin building for myself.

I really liked the piece about Sierra Blanca as a guy is really pushing some fairly high priced building lots in town, but with no restrictions of any kind, yet I found acre lots @ Dell City for 5-7% of what he was asking, and the Dell City area is much nicer overall, and its close to NM where I plan on spending some time, from time to time.

That was a pretty comprehensive article and I can attest to most of what you said as I use to drive across TX in the late 70's and early 60's and was a locksmith in FT Worth for over 20 years, until I retired in '07' and moved to MS.

Now, if somebody wants water in their life, move to the MS Delta. It took me 4 years to get use to the 95% humidity mornings and the 45-60% humidity afternoons and evenings most every long summer, and now I'm planning on going the the exact opposite direction, weather wise, with daily winds up to and over 10 miles an hour and dry arid conditions.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:25 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,459,683 times
I'm surprised there is so much interest in barren desert lots east of El Paso when Timberon NM is so much prettier.

Timberon Real Estate & Timberon Homes For Sale — Trulia.com

Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 AM

404 posts, read 860,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I'm surprised there is so much interest in barren desert lots east of El Paso when Timberon NM is so much prettier.

Timberon Real Estate & Timberon Homes For Sale — Trulia.com
Isn't there where they had all those fires this past summer? Living in timberland might be nice for a while but when those forest fire's do occur they barely ever leave anything standing in their wrath.
As oppose to the barren desert, you all ready have the heat,just add in some nice desert landscaping, you might want to throw in a few palm trees and a swimming pool for the heck of it be creative ,innovate your own little oasis

Old 12-01-2013, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
I want to buy 400-600 acres of land in hudspeth county must cheap that is the most important consideration attorney will check deal water is not important must be reasonable accessible call 912-288-7228

Old 07-26-2022, 05:17 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,001,270 times
Bump for the guy in the other thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso