Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,508,065 times

Advertisements

Well above 100 I bet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 01:01 PM

507 posts, read 2,061,460 times
Seems to be a mixed bag. Every city has its share of a-holios / kool arrows and EP is no different. EP has some truly amazing people and a few utter d-bags here and there, just depends on where you live and who you run into. It's many of the clueless drivers that I have a problem with. But anyway this is a cool thread.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,602,619 times
El Paso does not strike me as a rude city. Everybody has been nice to me in this forum. So I do not think El Paso would even be in a rude city conversation because El Paso is such a great and friendly city.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:26 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,213 times
I haven't found any rudeness in El Paso. Drivers are more oblivious to their surroundings than rude or aggressive. By contrast I find Las Cruceans more outgoing - people are more likely to say hello to strangers at supermarkets or wave or nod at passing cars on suburban streets.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,846 times
Interesting question. For my small business, I have to pick up certificates near Geronimo and Montana. There is a Circle K there I frequent to get a Gatorade or something for the road. I always hit this Circle K even though I hate it, lol. Too busy and too many people.

On Friday morning I was walking in and this cholo/thug/poor dude was walking toward the door as well but from another direction. In my mind, I was thinking, this is exactly why I hate this store. The second I thought that, the guy opens the door for me and insists that I go first. Mentally I was eating crow.

As I stood in line, a different guy in front of me was on the phone and was juggling his money and the items he was going to buy. I thought, this clown has no idea what he is doing and I am stuck behind him in line. As soon as I thought that, he stepped aside and insisted I go first, so that I wouldn't have to wait on him. My second serving of mental crow.

Yep, El Paso has ****heads. Some are locals, some are military, some are Mexicans. Is it rampant and a major problem? I don't really think so. I get frustrated as much as the next guy but it is pretty normal for a city this size.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Somewhere in the middle - not the rudest, but there are plenty of rude people - more and more it seems. Too much road rage to say it's very friendly and too many bar fights. Too many DWI's also which in my opinion is rude, it takes a lot of arrogance to put everyone else's lives at risk just because your need to party is all you care about.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:42 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,135,846 times
Excluding the pain the families are going through, the month of January might be good for El Paso as EPPD are now setting a lot of different task forces to combat the DWI, speeding, and bar fights. I hope they bust them all.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,267,441 times
Default Interesting question...

I've been away three decades now, but even when I visit, I don't see rudeness, nor did I when I lived there.

I do see other things in it's place though, like people tossing soiled diapers on the ground at Walmart (witnessed this myself), and people just leaving their garbage (fast food bags, drinks, etc.) anywhere but their vehicles.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:57 PM

447 posts, read 1,579,529 times
Just saw this...

I don't think we would rank high on a rudeness list. People here are calm and I've never had big problems. Like someone said any town will have a group of jerks in it. Now driving in El Paso is another story...

Old 06-13-2016, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,378 times
Unhappy High for the size of the population

I lived in El Paso for 12 years, then moved to Arizona. Didn't think El Pasoans were rude when I lived here. I would encounter rude people every once in a while, but that's normal, I guess. After 3 years, I've come back, and I did see a very noticeable difference. I do see that people are more rude, especially when driving. I wouldn't be surprised if El Paso ranked very high in rudeness, unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso