Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 10:45 AM

32,694 posts, read 48,250,531 times

Advertisements

That's one sneaky recession. So sneaky that no one can see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 08:29 PM

2,755 posts, read 1,795,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
That's one sneaky recession. So sneaky that no one can see it.
Agreed

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...-our-lifetimes

Old 07-19-2022, 03:32 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,032,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andree.lamy View Post
The recession officially started July 1st, 2022! A lot of people are unaware/unprepared for where the world is going to go in the next few months. Let us begin with the real estate market, when inventory goes up, prices go down because there are too many options so urgency is down and power is in the buyer's hand. Why are house prices going down? Interest rates cause monthly payments to increase which in turn cause home prices to go down to get monthly payments down.
I am banking on it. My plan:

- I am already selling dead weight (luxury items),
- saving as much every month that I can,
- working two jobs as long as possible

... and hope to be able to buy real estate with cash once prices go down and interest rates are up.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:16 AM

1,108 posts, read 532,333 times
Follow my plan and enjoy life and spend the money i worked so hard for 40 years to accumulate thats my plan - hopefully have just enough to burn my as and drop me in lake mead - that is if there is any water left

Old 07-20-2022, 10:27 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,082,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am banking on it. My plan:

- I am already selling dead weight (luxury items),
- saving as much every month that I can,
- working two jobs as long as possible

... and hope to be able to buy real estate with cash once prices go down and interest rates are up.

This is a very sound plan.
What many don't understand or fail to realize is, fortunes can also be made during recessions.

Old 07-20-2022, 02:43 PM

16,683 posts, read 8,409,578 times
I'm not really doing anything differently

Old 07-20-2022, 05:17 PM

7,604 posts, read 6,110,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm not really doing anything differently
Neither am I

I had the day off to finally open and read all of those quarterly statements that came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Most of the mutual funds show a notable drop in value from the past year. We have seen this before, in fact, I want to buy a little more into long term investments while the buying power is a little better (low stock prices)

I am investing for the long haul.

Otherwise, I don't buy much of anything anyway. I splurged on my favorite coffee from Amazon (Peets Major Dickenson's dark roast) I put everything else into retirement or mutual funds or savings accounts

You would not find any "new toys" here in this cat's house. The older I get the more frugal and the less materialistic I find myself becoming....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
View detailed profiles of: