Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:33 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Revisit her post. One of those cats has had two litters!

Cats love to torment dogs too. It's not like this is new to the dog/cat world.

And what's being there first have to do with it?

Suddenly it's okay to give up on an animal just because things aren't going smoothly?

That's how shelters get filled to over capacity!
So....it's okay to get rid of the cats, because there's "too many" and they aggravate the dog, but it is not ok to give up the dog? Who are you to tell her she has to many cats??? No matter how many she has it is her perogative.
The OP is overwhelmed and the wolf/hybrid is just adding to it. She is obviously not equipped with the know-how or ability to train an animal like this.
Blondie, I hate to disagree with you...a dog is not a dog! I've seen first hand how Kota reacts in different situations. One had better be prepared and take all pre-cautions with her. It is not that she is aggressive or nasty...but she is a master at escaping. She can scale a 10 ft fence without hesitation. She walks the perimeter of any yard and surveys like no dog I have ever seen. At 5 months she is a handful...I can only imagine what lies ahead. I do have faith in my daughter's ability to handle her, as she has had extensive training with exotics...but to the amatuer who is fully unprepared.....I wish them luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 02:37 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
So....it's okay to get rid of the cats, because there's "too many" and they aggravate the dog, but it is not ok to give up the dog?
There's two litters of kittens! That's what most people do with kittens---find them homes.

Quote:
Who are you to tell her she has to many cats???
What's with the attitude? Wanna fight? Wanna take this outside?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:42 PM

That's right...it is a dog forum...any a good many of us have other animals as well. As in cats. The OP didn't ask your opinion about the re-homing of her cats. She asked opinions on her problem with the dog. You, nor any one else has the right to tell her what she should do with her other animals.
"Helpful" suggestions are always appreciated.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:49 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
"Helpful" suggestions are always appreciated.
Okaaayyy, so you're the "Helpful" police!

Seriously, your continual arguing for the sake of arguing is just making me laugh so hard!

Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM

Glad I can be a source of entertainment

Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Okaaayyy, so you're the "Helpful" police!

Seriously, your continual arguing for the sake of arguing is just making me laugh so hard!
The OP came here for advice not to make this a cats vs. dogs forum. And I really have to laugh at your comment about arguing!

Like others have stated the OP didn't come here to be judged on how many cats or kittens she has. She realizes she may have made a mistake and is seeking a solution. I think we can all say we've made a mistake in a moment of weakness.

I think it is sad when someone comes here for advice and ends up getting judged when it is NOT necessary. And that is my 2 cents.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
I disagree with you Shelby! A dog is a dog is a dog!
Any dog is capable of training!
It is never the dogs fault.
If a dog has a responsible, caring owner anything is possible! No holds barred!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Of course, I agree to an extent

It is never the dogs fault....but this is a partial (or at least expected to be) a wolf-hybrid. WOLF not dog....normal, run of the mill training goes out the window. And it just appears the OP has bitten off more than she can chew. I certainly do hope the OP can work things out. It sounds like her daughter has bonded with the animal....but I'm afraid it is an accident waiting to happen.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:12 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,036,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I would have to disagree in this situation. The dog has wolf in it.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM

OP...can you post a pic? I would love to see exactly what the dog looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs