Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Most natural deaths are not peaceful if they were ill. I feel that its better to euthanize a week too soon than a day to late. I dont want my pets to ever suffer.
We are exactly here right now. I just called to schedule for Thursday (day after tomorrow). Our dog was diagnosed with Anal Gland Cancer, and the path to death is not pleasant. We have two other dogs, and they all VERY close (they are all huskies, very pack oriented). We'll have a doctor come to the house so the other dogs can process and say goodbye. It costs more, but it seems the right way to go.

Terribly sad for us, but for her I know we are doing the right thing. She is comfy now, but only a shadow of her self. Jewels was a fierce, alpha husky, with a stubborn streak that tested the best of us. She is calm and sweet now, which would be OK, but it's not who she is. Always a lover, we'll miss her terribly.

(Still we know we are doing the right thing for her. Better a week early than a day late) Thank you for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 10:58 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
We are exactly here right now. I just called to schedule for Thursday (day after tomorrow). Our dog was diagnosed with Anal Gland Cancer, and the path to death is not pleasant. We have two other dogs, and they all VERY close (they are all huskies, very pack oriented). We'll have a doctor come to the house so the other dogs can process and say goodbye. It costs more, but it seems the right way to go.

Terribly sad for us, but for her I know we are doing the right thing. She is comfy now, but only a shadow of her self. Jewels was a fierce, alpha husky, with a stubborn streak that tested the best of us. She is calm and sweet now, which would be OK, but it's not who she is. Always a lover, we'll miss her terribly.

(Still we know we are doing the right thing for her. Better a week early than a day late) Thank you for that.
I'm so sorry for your situation. But you are doing the right thing. Animals live in the moment, so if they are in pain or suffering, they don't know "well, it may only be for a few days" . Far better to help them peacefully pass, after a wonderful day with normally forbidden treats, laying under a shady tree, and lots of pats.
When i was in my early 20's with a dog that had congestive heart failure, i waited too long. Never again will i do that to a pet. It still bothers me. Hugs to you and your family and prayers for a peaceful passing for your beloved dog.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:20 PM

7,144 posts, read 4,557,147 times
Within the past 5 months we have had to put 2 dogs to sleep. It’s heartbreaking. We only had one dog die naturally when we rushed her to the vet and she was young. We are kinder to animals than we are to people. Dying naturally is usually not fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs