Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,127,158 times

Advertisements

leorah -- I know, I worry too much. If he wasn't acting normal -- well, "normal" for Artie -- then I'd have reason for concern. You're right.

Woofers -- HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm trying to teach him how to MAKE that for ME!

FiveHorses -- You totally crack me up and make me question my sanity... which, as we know, is NOT topped up. Of course you're right.

gussie -- Oh, I'm the QUEEN of pampering this dog.

MAK802 -- HAHAHAHAHA!!! Maybe we ARE related. If your ancestors are from Poland or Russia, then there's a chance.

OK, false alarm. Once again, I've worried for nothing. Before I read this, I filled Artie's bowl for breakfast. As I was reading this, I heard the crunching from downstairs. Before I started responding, I went to check his bowl -- empty. The little man ate it all. I guess his "diet" yesterday made him hungry today. I will give him a bit less for dinner and if he finishes it, I'll give him more.

Thanks everyone. I know that there are times when I worry for nothing. It seems like this was yet another of those times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 AM

1,477 posts, read 7,921,514 times
DandJ: There's no reason to apologize for your focus on Artie and his bodily functions. Think of it this way: Many dogs end up at animal emergency hospitals because they "all of a sudden" took ill. In many cases, the dogs probably had symptoms that preceded their collapse but they just weren't noticed. That won't happen to Artie. You'll notice if he's not "right" and get him in for appropriate care before a situation becomes critical. Good for Artie and good for you.

I think you should consider yourself a role model!

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorah View Post
DandJ: There's no reason to apologize for your focus on Artie and his bodily functions. Think of it this way: Many dogs end up at animal emergency hospitals because they "all of a sudden" took ill. In many cases, the dogs probably had symptoms that preceded their collapse but they just weren't noticed. That won't happen to Artie. You'll notice if he's not "right" and get him in for appropriate care before a situation becomes critical. Good for Artie and good for you.

I think you should consider yourself a role model!
Thank you, Leorah. Now I feel more proud than an alarmist. My husband may think that I'm overly attached or overly concerned, but Artie is my baby boy. Thank you for understanding that... and VALIDATING it.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM

21 posts, read 407,017 times
Im going through this with my dog. I recently switched her food to Avoderm, and the first two or three days she scarfed it down, she loved it. Then she stopped eating for awhile. The reason was because a dog gets so use to one kind that you feed them and their stomach adjusts to that food so whenyou feed them something new they get a tummy ache. I wouldnt worry too much if they are still eating treats and running around. They will eat when they are hungry. Keep an eye out for if they get lathargic or depressed seeming and even if they arent going to the bathroom(number 2). Good luck!

Old 04-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowndisco88 View Post
Im going through this with my dog. I recently switched her food to Avoderm, and the first two or three days she scarfed it down, she loved it. Then she stopped eating for awhile. The reason was because a dog gets so use to one kind that you feed them and their stomach adjusts to that food so whenyou feed them something new they get a tummy ache. I wouldnt worry too much if they are still eating treats and running around. They will eat when they are hungry. Keep an eye out for if they get lathargic or depressed seeming and even if they arent going to the bathroom(number 2). Good luck!
Thanks! He even ate his dinner so all is good in Artie's food world today.

I hope your dog will do the same.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:31 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,316,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post

MAK802 -- HAHAHAHAHA!!! Maybe we ARE related. If your ancestors are from Poland or Russia, then there's a chance.
I am from Poland, actually! I was born there and lived there til I was 9! Artie and PC might be distant cousins!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I am from Poland, actually! I was born there and lived there til I was 9! Artie and PC might be distant cousins!
OMG, how hilarious!?!?!?! I love it!!!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 07:23 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,161,997 times
Default Dear Artie, Part II

Artie,

Just a question for you old boy.... and it's a wee bit off topic, but hey - you gotta ask, what you gotta ask.

Does that woman of yours ever sleep?!!! Would you look at the time she posted!

You get an early breakfast or what?! You, my friend, have got it M-A-D-E.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
Artie,

Just a question for you old boy.... and it's a wee bit off topic, but hey - you gotta ask, what you gotta ask.

Does that woman of yours ever sleep?!!! Would you look at the time she posted!

You get an early breakfast or what?! You, my friend, have got it M-A-D-E.

Hi. Artie here. Ssssh. Don't tell her that I'm on her laptop. I mean, I often sit on her lap, but I've never typed on her computer before.

OK, this is the deal. She's up REALLY early. And I don't care WHY she gets up, whether it's to pee or whatnot, but when I see that she's awake, it means it's GO TIME for the day. But if she gets up REALLY REALLY REALLY early -- like at 4.00am or something -- she takes me to the guestroom to get more sleep. I'm not allowed in her bed because "The Man" won't let. But either way, no matter what, she gets out of bed before the sun comes out. She's nutty-butty-kookoo, but I'm raring to go so it's OK by me!

So, yeah, I take her -- errr, I mean SHE takes ME; yeah, that's what I meant; whatever -- for our first walk at about 6.00am. Then I get some food. Whether I eat it is my business. Sometimes I don't eat it until later JUST TO DRIVE HER NUTS!!!!!

She does go to sleep early, though. Our last walk is at 9pm, then we come home and have some bedtime snacks -- well, I do, at least; I don't know why she doesn't -- and she tucks me in. Then she goes to her room to go to bed and watch TV, but I know that she's asleep before 11pm. What a party-pooper. I mean, she tucks me in at, like, 9.30pm, but she doesn't know what I do after she's asleep.

Oh poop, she's coming up the stairs. Gotta go!

Licks,
Artie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs