Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2023, 08:11 AM

10,311 posts, read 6,861,305 times

Advertisements

Do you find it almost impossible to get up when there's a sleeping puppy on your lap? I sure do. Almost made me late for work, last week! Cavs sure do dream a lot, too. Tails wagging as they snore. One other thing I notice. When they settle, they let out a big sigh. Then in 15 seconds, they begin to snore softly. Then the snoring begins to intensify, culminating into a crescendo. Then she wakes herself up and raises her head slowly. The head goes back down and the scenario repeats. Darn, it's hard to get up and disturb the little crapper!

Anyone else find this, too?

Hey everyone, go have your best day!

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 05-14-2023 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2023, 10:02 AM

32,663 posts, read 48,091,772 times
Ys, but for a different reason. I have an Epagneul Breton and he is pedal to the metal all the time, life lived at 45 mph, feet rarely touching the ground. When he finally goes to sleep, no one wants to wake him up and start the chaos all over again. The few minutes that he sleeps are the only few minutes of quiet in the house. We don't speak, we don't move, for fear of waking him up.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,125 times
I definitely find it hard to get up when my Labrador puppy is asleep on my lap. She loves to snuggle up close and it's just so comforting to have her there. And yes, she dreams a lot too! It's so cute to see her tail wagging and her little paws twitching as she sleeps.

I've also noticed that she lets out a big sigh when she settles down. My Labrador pup starts off with soft snoring, but it gradually gets louder and more intense until she wakes herself up with a little snort.

It's definitely hard to disturb her when she's sleeping so peacefully, but unfortunately, I have to get on with my day. But before I get up, I make sure to give her a little scratch behind the ears and a gentle pat to let her know I love her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs