Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 07:00 PM

30,328 posts, read 51,925,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I googled husky vs malamute and one big difference is tail. Huskies have straight tails, Mals have curled tails. Plus the ear set.
Can’t argue with the dna, though. He’s lovely.
I have seen other huskies with curled tails, so maybe it’s just one genetic line of the breed. It’s not permanently curled, as he will hold it straight when he’s tired. lol

But yeah, can’t argue with the DNA test either way. And thanks! He is a handsome boy, and has the personality to match.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 11:15 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Siberians typically have what's called "sickle" tails, like the dog in the photo.

Old 01-24-2023, 11:19 PM

11,462 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Heaven, I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly bark,
And I seem to find the happiness and spark,
When I am in the snow and dashing through the park

Old 01-25-2023, 10:08 AM

19,423 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Heaven, I'm in heaven,
Couldn't rep you.

Old 01-25-2023, 10:32 AM

11,462 posts, read 5,980,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Couldn't rep you.
It is not as good if you don't know the underlying song, but we tend to have an older group here on C-D who knows their oldies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxo-TUkzOQ

Old 01-25-2023, 12:59 PM

4,172 posts, read 2,567,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Couldn't rep you.
Same with me too.

Old 01-25-2023, 01:53 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
It is not as good if you don't know the underlying song, but we tend to have an older group here on C-D who knows their oldies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxo-TUkzOQ
Yes, and I do know the song.

Old 01-25-2023, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Heaven, I'm in heaven,
Haha... rep to you! That's funny.

Old 01-25-2023, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I googled husky vs malamute and one big difference is tail. Huskies have straight tails, Mals have curled tails. Plus the ear set.
Can’t argue with the dna, though. He’s lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Siberians typically have what's called "sickle" tails, like the dog in the photo.
Ah, that's it! Here, this should clear things up - directly from the Siberian Club of America.

The well furred tail of fox-brush shape is set on just below the level of the topline, and is usually carried over the back in a graceful sickle curve when the dog is at attention. When carried up, the tail does not curl to either side of the body, nor does it snap flat against the back. A trailing tail is normal for the dog when in repose. Hair on the tail is of medium length and approximately the same length on top, sides and bottom, giving the appearance of a round brush. https://www.shca.org/tail

Boris usually carries it in a "sickle curve," like you see in the photos; but when he's tired or super relaxed (aka "in repose"), he will drop it into a natural hanging position. I love his tail, either way. It's so fluffy!! I'm glad he is tolerant enough to let me play with it sometimes. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs