Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2020, 01:17 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,533,791 times

Advertisements

I know I will sound like an ad, but i just found an amazing product that worked in 3 days.
I have a previously feral dog that survived distemper. It left her with a hard, dry crusty nose with lumps about 1/8-1/4" high.
This stuff was advertised on my fb feed, and it was cheap and had good reviews, so I ordered it.
OMG! After 3 days of 2 times-3 times a dsy, her nose is black and smooth! It's amazing.
I ordered a 4 oz tin, but a little goes a long way, so this will probably last me a yr.
I would say to get the tin vs balm, because the warmth of your fingers melts it, making it easier to apply.
The product is called Snout Soother from The Dog Company
A small tin is 13.95

I do not work for the company in any way. Just amazed by a product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2020, 05:03 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,165,540 times
What are the listed ingredients?

Old 09-27-2020, 01:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,533,791 times
Natural stuff like coconut oil, shea butter, vit e, etc

Old 09-27-2020, 02:12 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,127,592 times
Yes, a great product. I've used it for 20+ years.

Old 01-10-2023, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 403 times
yes, I agree with this, sometimes you get an amazing product that you want to share with everyone. Isn't that the point of these forums? Likewise, I recently started using a product called the nose and paw balm from Puppington on a friend's recommendation. I started using it about a month ago, and I think I will keep using this on my dogs. It was highly effective from the very first application. The best thing that I liked about it, it came packaged like chapstick, which makes it quite easy to apply, and costs about $25. And I feel, it will last me a whole year for both my dogs.

Old 01-13-2023, 04:39 PM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,646,738 times
Thanks for the recommendation! My dog has always had a dry nose. We've been using Musher's secret on his nose and paws. He licks it off immediately.

Old 01-14-2023, 09:05 PM

19,861 posts, read 12,151,865 times
Here’s the ingredient list from their site:

Kukui Nut Oil | Natural sun protectant and moisturizer to help penetrate oil deep into the skin
Grapeseed Oil | Healing polyphenols with super moisturizing properties
Coconut Oil | Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, & rich moisturizer source
Chamomile | Remarkable medicinal properties to heal wounds, soothe skin irritations, & ease discomfort
Hempseed Oil | Potent antioxidant with prostaglandin medicating & anti-inflammatory properties

Remaining essential ingredients: Shea Nut Butter, Jojoba Oil, Candelilla Wax, Natural Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract

Old 01-23-2023, 04:41 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Here’s the ingredient list from their site:

Kukui Nut Oil | Natural sun protectant and moisturizer to help penetrate oil deep into the skin
Grapeseed Oil | Healing polyphenols with super moisturizing properties
Coconut Oil | Anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, & rich moisturizer source
Chamomile | Remarkable medicinal properties to heal wounds, soothe skin irritations, & ease discomfort
Hempseed Oil | Potent antioxidant with prostaglandin medicating & anti-inflammatory properties

Remaining essential ingredients: Shea Nut Butter, Jojoba Oil, Candelilla Wax, Natural Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract
Thank you for listing them! I get annoyed when people just say "natural stuff" - since many humans (like me) and animals are allergic to natural products. The Chamomile and Rosemary make this a no-go for my dog, since I'm allergic and wouldn't want to trigger my sinuses by using this on him. Too bad, since it does sound like a good product. My old dog always had a super dry nose, and I'd use straight coconut oil on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs