Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 05:36 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,585,319 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear that Tillie's treatment will finally get started. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM

104 posts, read 471,092 times
tillie had her first radiation session last night and it went well. carlos brought her in and he remembered her from her previous treatment down in culver city 19 months ago. he is a delight. she slept solidly through the night, probably exhausted from the anesthesia, and we are hoping for the best as time goes by. will keep you posted.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:01 PM

I hope Tillies next four treatments go as well. Tell Carlos that Dash says Hi but he does not miss him! I agree with you Carlos was fantastic, by far the best tech we met during the treatments. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 PM

how is dash doing? any more side effects? a little hair loss maybe? hope he is good!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:36 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,775,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmomma View Post
tillie had her first radiation session last night and it went well. carlos brought her in and he remembered her from her previous treatment down in culver city 19 months ago. he is a delight. she slept solidly through the night, probably exhausted from the anesthesia, and we are hoping for the best as time goes by. will keep you posted.
Glad you finally got started. I keep Tillie in my prayers!!

Old 07-02-2008, 03:22 PM

Dash continues to do well. I have not noticed any hair loss and so far the color of his hair in the spots that got the radiation have remained the same color. He does have some yellow nasal discharge when he sneezes and he does usually sneeze in the morning when he first wakes up and also in the evenings. Dr. Ayl had thought he had a lot of mucus trapped in the upper frontal sinus so I am hoping that this is it draining. There is no blood in it just thick yellow snot. Anyway he is running around enjoying his summer. I will be calling Dr. Ayl to get Dash started on the antiangiogenesis protocol soon and find out if he thinks it is just that trapped musus draining. I am still very happy I decided to do the IMRT as Dash is breathing fine and seems happy. It has improved his quality of life which was my goal.

I know Tillie will do fine too Hope your drive to Oxnard is not too long.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Default hello to dash

carlos had a big smile on his face when i sent him regards from dash and you.

tillie seems to be doing well after 3 sessions but we will all be happy when she's done after a 3 day holiday break.

btw, she's been on eye drops for months and we have found that backing her into a corner, literally, and giving her a treat before and after has made her sit still for it. hope it's worked for dash, too. at first it was kind of a nightmare, took two of us to do it.

keep us posted on your progress. are you trying some new meds now?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Tallmomma,

How is Tillie doing? Last night was her last treatment, correct?I hope it all went well. I hear you about the eye drops. It was a total nightmare at first as I live alone and Dash did not want to cooperate so I would place a treat in front of him and get him focused on it and put the eye drops in. He is cooperating better now but every now and then becomes a wiggle worm which makes it difficult. I had to switch from the gel to the drops as it is easier to use the drops with him. My previous dog was an english cocker and she developed dry eye and with her the gel was easier because she never fought it.

I am waiting to hear from Tracy, I called yesterday afternoon but was told she was still at lunch but that she would be there until 7PM. I had to go out so told them I would call back rather then leave a message so I called again at about 4:15 and she had already gone home! I called one day last week and she had already gone home too so maybe they should not tell people she is there until 7pm. I want to get Dash started on the antiangiogenesis protocol.

The GapFire up here has made his sneezing 100X worse. It was non stop sneezing and I had been keeping him indoors and only taking him out long enough to pee and poop, no walks. My other dog was sneezing too so I decided to use some Benadryl and boy has that helped! Jazz is not sneezing and Dash only has an occassional sneeze. But it is a productive sneeze and now the thick mucus is blood tinged. We are currently down at my dad's house in Orange County for my days off so we all have some better air. Pretty funny coming to OC for better air.

I live on the Santa Barbara -Goleta border on a hill so they had evacuated all the areas behind me and on the 4th were expecting sundowner winds. We had huge ash flakes falling down on us. Being a holiday ( I work nights 6:30 PM to 7 AM) I had no where to take the dogs and was not going to leave them alone incase that fire blew down our hill like the painted cave fire in 1990 . I called the hospital security to see if I could crate them in one of the bike rooms in the parking garage but they were afraid we would loose electricity again as it has had happened the previous two evenings .They told me to just bring them in and leave them in my department which is in the basement. I took my big folding crate and set it up in the department and they behaved like angels. I think it was stressful for them as they thought everyone they saw was a vet!

Tonight we have to go home so I am hoping the smoke situation has improved as Dash does not need that irritation. I hope you and Tillie get to enjoy your evening home with no drive to Oxnard tonight. We had driven past there on Monday night at about 7PM and I wondered if you were sitting in the parking lot waiting? Keep me posted on how Tillie does.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM

Default fires and doggie breathing

it makes sense that dash is having trouble with the fires. best to keep him inside as you have been doing.

tillie did finish her treatment on tuesday which is good since she did not want to get out of the car in the parking lot. she seems good, sneezing less with less stuff coming out for the time being. we will see how that goes. and so far no dry eye problems probably due to the drops she is on.
we are continuing her on piroxicam but they took blood to make sure that it is not having an adverse effect on her liver and kidney functions. please keep me posted about other antiangiogenesis protocols should dash be treated with some.

it is unfortunate that the vet is so hard to reach. i have been communicating with them almost exclusively via email. tracy seems to be pretty tied to her computer.

continued good luck and keep posting!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM

Tallmomma,

Glad to hear that Tillie seems more comfortable now. When you said she did not want to get out of the car that last night that is how Dash was too. I even had to walk him up to the door as he did not want to go without me. He is 100% a momma's boy so has never liked someone else taking him away. Some of my agility friends have tried to run him and he will do about 3 obstacles then run back to me to check in and I tell him get out and he goes back and does 3 more!

We are going to see Dr. Ayl on Tuesday so I will let you know what drugs he decides to use as the antiangiogenesis protocol. Dash is still on piroxicam.He has tolerated it very well and his monthly labs have been ok.

The air quality has improved alot so we did take a short walk today and his little stump of a tail was just wagging a 100 miles a minute. The crows were waiting for us and as usual started teasing both dogs so they enjoyed chasing them and barking at them.Sometimes it is so hard to think Dash is sick and could be gone at any time as he is so normal acting.

I hope you and Tillie have a good weekend and that it is not too hot where you are. It is not too bad here today. Keep me posted on how Tillie does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs