Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 06:24 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,586,673 times

Advertisements

It is with a heavy heart that I write this. I got an email from one of my sisters today and one of her dogs, Emma died suddenly Emma was a big shaggy mutt she must be about 9 yrs old as she is older then Dazzle. Today stated as any other day my sister loaded the dogs and her grandson into the car, dropped the kid at school and took the dogs to the dog park. The dogs ran around as they always do and when it came time to go they jumped back in the car. My sister got in and as she was fastening her seat belt the bigger dog Emma. let out a few painful yelps.My sister undid her seat belt and went to the back and opened the hatch to find Emma unresponsive,she got back in the car and drove to the nearest vets office sadly Emma died.

The vet did an ultrasound and there was a lot of blood around the heart and some sort of mass appearing thing so either she had a tumor or more likely and aneurysm that burst and she bled out.

Life has these weird ways of throwing us curve balls that we do not expect.That is life. Death is a part if life and we do not always get warnings that it is lurking nearby. So if you are reading this hug your dog and other loved ones a little closer tonight and be thankful for every day you have with them. Life is a gift so do not take it for granted. It can be taken away in the blink of an eye.

I am sharing some photos of Emma as a tribute to the awesome dog she was. The other smaller dog is Angel my sister's other dog and two photos have my Dazzle in them too as he took a trip to the pacific Northwest with me to meet them years ago.

When Dazzle met his cousins Emma and Angel

RIP Emma . You were a good dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 07:29 PM

285 posts, read 197,654 times
I'm so sorry OP! Emma sure looks like a sweetheart in those pictures. My heart is breaking for your sister. It sounds like she gave her sweet dog a great life though. Car rides and runs at the park are always enough to make my dog happy. Hugs xoxo

Old 10-07-2016, 08:43 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,984,186 times
No matter how long they live, it's never long enough.

She sure lived a great life, though!

Old 10-07-2016, 09:18 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,057,736 times
Emma was so cute and looks so happy. It sounds like your sister gave her a great life and she lived it to the fullest.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:21 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,868,785 times
My condolences, its never easy (hugging my dog right now)...

Old 10-07-2016, 09:22 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
Oh I'm so sorry! It's so difficult. One past loved baby of mine passed away suddenly a few days after Christmas. It was cancer.. Never had any signs prior, the night before he was jumping and playing like normal. Right now.. I'd love to hug my current fur baby - most sweetest dog who holds the most special spot in my heart. He is at the ER has been going through a lot lately. Diagnosed with epilepsy and had horrible clusters that lead to status, he almost didn't make it. Now a month later he had an obstruction - surgery was earlier today. It's been tough few months.

It looks like Emma had a very good life - just the pictures alone shows how happy she was. What a sweetie! So sorry though for the loss..

Old 10-07-2016, 09:50 PM

285 posts, read 197,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Oh I'm so sorry! It's so difficult. One past loved baby of mine passed away suddenly a few days after Christmas. It was cancer.. Never had any signs prior, the night before he was jumping and playing like normal. Right now.. I'd love to hug my current fur baby - most sweetest dog who holds the most special spot in my heart. He is at the ER has been going through a lot lately. Diagnosed with epilepsy and had horrible clusters that lead to status, he almost didn't make it. Now a month later he had an obstruction - surgery was earlier today. It's been tough few months.

It looks like Emma had a very good life - just the pictures alone shows how happy she was. What a sweetie! So sorry though for the loss..
I hope your dog has a quick recovery and can come home soon, sorry he's sick.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post

Sorry to hear about your dog.Will send some prayers your way.By chance is your dog an aussie?

Old 10-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Thanks for the comments.Emma did have a great life She and Angel have spent a lot of time boating with their family up around the San Juan Islands in Washington.They both behaved very well on the boat and had their own life jackets. So they did have a lot of adventures. G

Right now I am feeling sad for my sister's grandson as the poor kid lost his mom when he was 18 months old and she and him were in a car accident.He has been raised by his grandparents and he loved Emma so once again he is dealing with a major loss poor kid. My thoughts are with him tonight as he deals with one of life's most difficult lessons.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:55 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,119,709 times
Emma was a beautiful girl...and from all you posted, she had a life well lived. That's a wonderful thing to be able to say about a dog.

Rest in peace Emma. You loved and knew love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs